new razor

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the wedge wood scales, Burnt to get the texture? Just reminds me of my burnt chestnut handles that I love so much :) Not even going to look at the site for these as I'll get crazy and then dead when the wife catches me :p

Like the wedge wood scales, Burnt to get the texture? Just reminds me of my burnt chestnut handles that I love so much :) Not even going to look at the site for these as I'll get crazy and then dead when the wife catches me :p

The texture is put on with a wire brush.

Hoss

Am I right that the lacewood is slightly rounded, or are my eyes playing tricks?

All of the handles are slightly rounded. Sorry I didn't read it carefuly the first time.

Hoss

All of the handles are slightly rounded. Sorry I didn't read it carefuly the first time.

Hoss

You got it right the first time, regardless of what I actually wrote.

Something new to try would be a shoulderless design. It can be a really hot looking razor. I have this German Revisor which is shoulderless with a thumb notch and some jimping on the tang (shaves like a dream):

db_277.jpg

Here is a spine view of a different razor with the same grind, but no jimps:

db_9-35.jpg

They make a square tip version of this, but I prefer the round tip. I think a French tip would look pretty nice as well.

here is a razor that is shoulderless with a French tip:

db_11n1.jpg

even in a narrower blade that is a pretty sexy looking razor.

Back