Paring knife prebuy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Del - I just sent my deposit but if I missed the deadline then no troubles.

Style: New
Steel: AEBL
Handle: Black Ash

Thanks!

Well today is the magic day, but I didn't make any goals today, have both cars in the shop, one was finished, but blew out a brake line on the way home.
Will be posting some progress pics tomorrow.
I did get some work done today, just not as much as I planned.
Thanks,
Del

Can't wait to see your progress pics! Makes the wait more bearable.

100_1412.jpg100_1413.jpg100_1414.jpg100_1415.jpg100_1416.jpg

Some progress pics, laying the design out marking them for the holes to drill and then cutting them out.
There are two dozen in this batch, only ten cut out clean, the rest still in pairs. I'll cut the rest of them and then clean the profiles up with the grinder. Then its drilling and chamfering the holes.

Thanks,
Del

I really dig seeing this process unfold. Thanks for the pics Del!

Spent a lot of time ogling three of Del's 'old-style' profile paring knives this weekend. The two I ordered in this buy are the 'new profile', but aftering seeing those other knives I will have to pick up an old style at some point. It really looks like a great profile.

100_1417.jpg
here are 20 blades now ready for heat treating.
Tomorrow will be heat treating day.
Had a bit of a hiccup, my bandsaw gave up the ghost, will have a replacement on the way shortly. I had planned to black out all the blades first, but plans change and it shouldn't make too much of a difference.
Thanks,
Del

Good thing it's nice and cool up there now. Btw, this is Brandon (tweezer guy)

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Going by Delbert's list earlier, I guess I'm #20. Hope they all survive HT!

Had a good day heat treating, they are in the oven for the final temper right now. Did some Damascus as well, nothing finished, but a good start.
Del

Spent all day grinding, my jeans are covered with steel wool. Will post some pics when I get them closer to being finished ground.
Thanks,
Del

Spent the day hand sanding, things are getting close. Will be doing more tomorrow and maybe even some handles too.
Thanks,
Del

Is it too late to get in for one? Have been looking around and I keep ending back on this one!

That is great news. Sending a paypal right away for a damascus blade with a redwood burl handle.
A

100_1419_00.jpg100_1418.jpg

Heres a quick shot of some finished blades as well as some with handles attached.
A quick announcement as well, the stainless Damascus blades will be delayed a bit due to several factors, one is that the steel is out for grinding and isn't back yet and the other is that I had a fatal incident with my metal cutting bandsaw, fatal to the saw that is :viking:
The result of this is that some blades may be finished slightly out of order. The carbon Damascus blades will be done in the next batch, as soon as my saw is replaced.
I will be contacting you for final payment over the next few days. I expect to be shipping knives from the first batch on Monday, and perhaps even on Saturday.
Thanks,
Del

Deposit sent for aebl and a carbon damascus

Hope everything's going OK...haven't heard any updates in a while.

Everything is fine, sorry to be out of contact for a few days, been hitting it hard in the shop. I have a dozen of these finished and will start sending pms out as soon as I finish answering the backlog. I also have had two family birthdays this week and one more tomorrow.
Thanks,
Del

Del,

Any chance for me to get in on this?

I haven't closed this for new orders, so sure.
I've also received some pm's to this effect. All are still welcome. I'll be posting some pics later today of some of the ones I have finished.
Thanks,
Del

Back