Recent Work Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaahhh...Pre-coffee spelling. *Bach*
If you're going to be in town for the Brew Fest it would be cool to get a PDX meetup going.

Mmm beer and knives. That one might not work out the best with security haha! Let me look at my Europe trip.

NIce, I've seen that knife on craiglist locally, it's a beauty and I hope it finds a good home. I'll be working otherwise I'd see you there, quite a few friends of mine will be working the show too. Have fun!
Thanks for the compliments. It should be a good time!

Do you have to buy a ticket to bid online or is this something you have to physically be there for?

I think you have to be there physically. I do hope it sells for a good price and goes to someone who really appreciate Ian's workmanship.

As far as I know, the auction is in-house only. I'll update this if I find out differently.

I saw these chopsticks from your blog, Ian. They look super nice.
Any chance you still have some bocote scraps left for making another set of these? It will be so awesome if I can get one or two pair of these coz you know my new knife will have bocote handle and saya and they will look really cool together!! :)

Jay

I like it!
I saw these chopsticks from your blog, Ian. They look super nice.
Any chance you still have some bocote scraps left for making another set of these? It will be so awesome if I can get one or two pair of these coz you know my new knife will have bocote handle and saya and they will look really cool together!! :)

Jay

A couple of new shorty gyutos in the store. Good to be back to work!

mNOjMOfl.jpg

jZ53a1zl.jpg

5wHOuyjl.jpg

NQV5MKsl.jpg

mNOjMOfl.jpg

Ian this one looks very similar to the one I ordered from you. Is it basically the same knife, just a bit shorter?

Gyuto with kiritsuke tip featuring a false edge.

4ZEzUArl.jpg

z7ZHzRVl.jpg

Custom 240 with matching saya and titanium keeper pin.

sokktqrl.jpg

7EFvwHPl.jpg

New 240 for the store. Any feedback on aesthetics? Thanks!

x4sICu2l.jpg

d1d6p1vl.jpg

I think it looks awesome. I love the way the finish looks on the differentially hardened blade. Very nice handle too.

Ian, that one is a winner. In my opinion, your best looking knife so far. AND the profile looks great.

Thanks everyone - the compliments are appreciated!

I really like the curvy hamon line on that blade. Is it made of 52100 or different carbon steel?
BTW, mine just arrived this morning. Haven't had a chance to unpack it yet but will have my pleasure when I get home. :)

New 240 for the store. 52100, Burl Source silky oak and reconstituted stone. MMM. :D

nGS4amxl.jpg

SXMND0Dl.jpg

Latest posts

Back