Recent Work Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those dovetails look great love the concept and aesthetics

Browsed your website and I really love all your knives. Need to decide between the chef and the gyuto (and need to convince my wife too!)

Banno bunka in 1095, African blackwood and cocobolo.

rBBFIfBl.jpg

6WFcOnpl.jpg

mdxly5ll.jpg

These new handles look amazing on your knives great work

Thank you, I think its an attractive way to join the ferule and the handle body.

Wa handle for Rami's bunka with Burl Source silky oak, maple burl, stainless, and G10:

G8B8ry8l.jpg

Thanks Matus.
Tip to handle: 6.75in/171mm
Height at heel: 1.4in/36mm

Banno Bunka in 52100. Handle with Burl Source silky oak, maple burl, stainless, and G10.
Poplar tension fit saya.
HRC: 63-64
Blade length: 171mm
Heel height: 43mm

Tlu8z8Pl.jpg

NO53Ywsl.jpg

JIjnXMpl.jpg

CA3xMWPl.jpg

JLCn5Zul.jpg

She's a beauty! I love the way the colours of the saya, ferrule and handle work together! Blade itself looks very good!

Thank you. Another complimenting feature not visible in the photos, the saya has a rounded spine to match the knife. Fun stuff!

Dovetail wa handle gyuto in 52100. Thanks for looking!
fMzFIGcl.jpg

68IFzphl.jpg

Thanks guys! I was thinking, "Business in the front and party in the back."

Ian, if that custom gyuto of yours that I will pick up TODAY :bliss: (8 more hours to wait!) is going to be any good :angel2:, I will have to have a petty or pairing knife made for my better half - they are just too cute :)

A heads up for people in PDX and surrounding areas. Taste of the Nation/No Kid Hungry is Tuesday, 29 April. They have MANY local restaurants/breweries/distilleries/wineries sponsoring the
event.
I'll be wandering around sampling the breweries/distilleries/wineries so somebody should come keep me company. :shots::shots:
Entrance is $85 which benefits: Partners for Hunger-Free Oregon, Oregon Food Bank, St. Vincent de Paul Society and Klamath/Lake Counties Food Bank.
They also have a silent auction which Haburn Knives has contributed a nakiri to (see pic below). Don't let somebody walk out with this thing for like $11!

http://ce.strength.org/events/taste-nation-portland-or
Thanks guys/gals!
klmYz7Yl.jpg

Why do these things happen when I'm gone?? At least I'll be back for OBF. :) Wanna go??

Ok... gonna punt here.... Oregon Bach Festival?

Gunner :(

Oregon Brewer's Fest! I think I shall make a gathering post for PNW folks to converge on the waterfront for beer drinking! Err, except I might be in Europe after I take my licensing exam. Perhaps I'll hold off for now. Yay for thinking outloud with my fingers!

NIce, I've seen that knife on craiglist locally, it's a beauty and I hope it finds a good home. I'll be working otherwise I'd see you there, quite a few friends of mine will be working the show too. Have fun!

It's a gorgeous knife Ian. I might have to send one of my friends out to bid on it! What kind of wood did you use for the handle?

Thanks guys. The wood is cocobolo.
Oregon Back Festival. For the Win!

Very pretty cocobolo, never seen it this stunning tbh. Very nice gesture of you to donate this as well Ian!

Thanks guys. The wood is cocobolo.
Oregon Back Festival. For the Win!

Agreed. That OBF is good too! My friend plays every year so I usually go visit him at his concerts. If only I could be summer in Portland all the time.

I love cocobolo. Never the same look piece to piece.

Agreed. That OBF is good too! My friend plays every year so I usually go visit him at his concerts. If only I could be summer in Portland all the time.

I love cocobolo. Never the same look piece to piece.

Aaahhh...Pre-coffee spelling. *Bach*
If you're going to be in town for the Brew Fest it would be cool to get a PDX meetup going.

Back