Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried that axe wax I keep seeing everywhere? If I can avoid creating a proprietary blend that’d be ideal! I accidentally stripped a tiny bit of whatever coating was in my Taihei off (not completely stripped but is uniform) when applying acetone to remove lacquer. It feels 90% like my brand new Taihei but just want to resell it to be certain

I tried axe wax but it didn’t seem much different than typical board butter (mineral oil + beeswax). It darkened the 2 handles I tried it on and didn’t hold up to washing, so I wasn’t a huge fan.

If you want something that builds a light coat try Tru Oil. It seems to be a thinned blend of oil-based resins. 2-3 coats gives a very light satin sheen and the protection lasts for a while. I stopped after 2-3 coats as I wanted a natural look but you could do more coats if you wanted a more finished/top-coated look.

NKD! Bday knife 3 of 6. Yoshikazu Tanaka Blue 1 Damascus 240mm Gyuto with Amboyna Burl with Blonde Horn Ferrule, Black and Gold Trustone with Silver rings. I just received the blade today and since im on work leave and I have nothing else to do. Installed new custom handle on it made by @Letshandlethis
8BF85FC7-7124-42A5-9663-DBBAF21EDC55.jpeg
3AC8F4C6-8C72-495A-BDF0-A858A6A7B4CD.jpeg
C4847EE4-6C57-429E-AD99-C7D9EC38367D.jpeg
3FD7CA14-4B61-4DD2-8863-3797FFC06C03.jpeg
6144778B-0BE5-4A6F-805D-51A23415244C.jpeg

NKD! Bday knife 3 of 6. Yoshikazu Tanaka Blue 1 Damascus 240mm Gyuto with Amboyna Burl with Blonde Horn Ferrule, Black and Gold Trustone with Silver rings. I just received the blade today and since im on work leave and I have nothing else to do. Installed new custom handle on it made by @Letshandlethis
View attachment 310664View attachment 310665View attachment 310666View attachment 310667View attachment 310668
That’s a beauty! Where did you get the knife? Choil looks amazing.

I tried axe wax but it didn’t seem much different than typical board butter (mineral oil + beeswax). It darkened the 2 handles I tried it on and didn’t hold up to washing, so I wasn’t a huge fan.

If you want something that builds a light coat try Tru Oil. It seems to be a thinned blend of oil-based resins. 2-3 coats gives a very light satin sheen and the protection lasts for a while. I stopped after 2-3 coats as I wanted a natural look but you could do more coats if you wanted a more finished/top-coated look.
Thank you!

amazing pick up, Lucid may put a bigger smile on my face than any other knife I own. I just got added to his custom list for a Nakiri
I kept trying to trade for a Lucid, but I wasn't dangling the right carrot, so I just got one not too long ago. It is a big and beautiful cutter. I just got a shi.han and they are within 4 g of each other. Good 1-2 punch in the WH arena. The Lucid is a wrought clad spicy white, like that Hyde I got from you. It's a good combination. I wish I liked nakiris more.

Awesome! I just purchased up the same Tanaka from them last week but I don't have it in hands yet. I read a lot about this blade from other places and was curious to see how it compares since it looks this is one of the rare few with the sharpener listed!

Awesome! I just purchased up the same Tanaka from them last week but I don't have it in hands yet. I read a lot about this blade from other places and was curious to see how it compares since it looks this is one of the rare few with the sharpener listed!
Yea they didn’t want to disclose the sharpener at first when they first started selling this knife. Then now they actually inputted on their page who the sharpener is.

Back