Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you like it? I think he was selling those short by describing them as “production” knives when there was zero automation involved. They’re basically 10 identical “available” knives, IMHO.
Agree, I wouldn’t categorize these as “production” knives. I only used mine for a bit of prep last night, but first impressions are very positive. Smooth cutter and the grind is fantastic. Tip feels nice and thin but not overly so. Balance is spot on. Weight for me is such that it disappears in my hand and I’m not thinking about whether I’m wielding a workhorse or a laser. This is a great deal for anyone who’s curious about Antoine’s work and isn’t quite ready for a custom.

Agree, I wouldn’t categorize these as “production” knives. I only used mine for a bit of prep last night, but first impressions are very positive. Smooth cutter and the grind is fantastic. Tip feels nice and thin but not overly so. Balance is spot on. Weight for me is such that it disappears in my hand and I’m not thinking about whether I’m wielding a workhorse or a laser. This is a great deal for anyone who’s curious about Antoine’s work and isn’t quite ready for a custom.
I was super-tempted to get one even though I already have a custom. Glad to hear you like it!

I was happy to see how quickly they went - Antoine is a really nice guy and it’s great to see him selling out so fast.

I realize I don't visit as much, and probably have over $20k of knives I haven't posted...but just bought my first damascus Rader. I have maybe 5(?) Of his already, but this will be my favorite.
Blond chef 1.jpg
Blond chef 5.jpg
Blond chef 6.jpg
Blond chef 2.jpg
Blond chef 3.jpg
Blond chef 4.jpg

Mentioned a couple days back about getting a new Shindo Funayuki that was to be rehandled. Well, here it is. Nothing too crazy. A $30 rosewood and ebony handle from Tokeshu. My first rehandle! Thanks Youtube! So anyway, all in on this is $120 and after touching it up on a Shapton glass 4000 it cuts better than my Shibata Bunka, better than my Kato Chuka Bocho and better than my Ashi petty. Outrageous. Its rough as hell, the razor thin cutting edge is clearly where all the attention went. It's a beast and now, slightly more attractive and less slippery :p

1710993460695.png

Mentioned a couple days back about getting a new Shindo Funayuki that was to be rehandled. Well, here it is. Nothing too crazy. A $30 rosewood and ebony handle from Tokeshu. My first rehandle! Thanks Youtube! So anyway, all in on this is $120 and after touching it up on a Shapton glass 4000 it cuts better than my Shibata Bunka, better than my Kato Chuka Bocho and better than my Ashi petty. Outrageous. Its rough as hell, the razor thin cutting edge is clearly where all the attention went. It's a beast and now, slightly more attractive and less slippery :p

View attachment 309614
If we keep saying this he will double the prices eventually.....and would still be a bargain 😅

Another Indonesian honyaki full tang 220 gyuto from kitchenknives.id Also the blacksmiths first time making a honyaki western and he killed it.

Kn.id is really underrated. I have 7 of their knives now. They have f&f and minor grind issues but for the price they are fantastic. Ridiculously good value especially when getting a saya included.

Kn.id is really underrated. I have 7 of their knives now. They have f&f and minor grind issues but for the price they are fantastic. Ridiculously good value especially when getting a saya included.
Hard to complain when you paid sub $100 for a honyaki. Only issue i can think of atleast on mine is the choil can use a bit of rounding but thats it. Seriously better than some custom or japanese knife 10x its price

Bidinger, A2, 217x57 or so, 223g.

I've recently had some phenomenal work come my way. This is top 3 most-impressive knives I've ever beheld or used and possibly top-2 favorite ever. I already knew I'd love it yet it still exceeded my expectations once in-hand. As far as I'm concerned, Dan B. makes some of the best knives in the world and in terms of sheer exquisiteness of cutting performance (if you like midweight-lasery performance), his work is unequaled.

Bidinger, A2, 217x57 or so, 223g.

I've recently had some phenomenal work come my way. This is top 3 most-impressive knives I've ever beheld or used and possibly top-2 favorite ever. I already knew I'd love it yet it still exceeded my expectations once in-hand. As far as I'm concerned, Dan B. makes some of the best knives in the world and in terms of sheer exquisiteness of cutting performance (if you like midweight-lasery performance), his work is unequaled.

Nice... just curious, what's your #1?

289g of sheer Mazaki 😍

B#1 custom from Ikkyu. I gave it a little spa treatment by polishing off the spine and choil to 400 grit - may take it to 800 at some point if I can be bothered.

Unfortunately there was a minor casualty with the handle on install due to some overenthusiastic burning in - tips on the best way to seal these cracks up and get the superglue/epoxy etc to penetrate are welcome. I have some of the tang slot filings ready to mix with the sealant to get an invisible finish.

289g of sheer Mazaki 😍

B#1 custom from Ikkyu. I gave it a little spa treatment by polishing off the spine and choil to 400 grit - may take it to 800 at some point if I can be bothered.

Unfortunately there was a minor casualty with the handle on install due to some overenthusiastic burning in - tips on the best way to seal these cracks up and get the superglue/epoxy etc to penetrate are welcome. I have some of the tang slot filings ready to mix with the sealant to get an invisible finish.

Oh great, both Mizaki and Tanaka do custom WH’s….

Back