The Deals, Discounts, & Sales Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, The Home Butcher website sucks. I'm looking at you Phil. 😠

If you click on Knife Type and then say Gyuto, it looks like everything is sold out. But if you type gyuto into the search bar you'll find a bunch of stuff.
Yeah the sorting is bad. Only things updated is under the new knives thread, I mentioned it to Phil before. He's good people tho

I wasn't planning on buying a knife. Honest. Well, I mean we're all sorta planning to one degree or another right? 🤷‍♂️ :)

Anyway, I haven't really paid much attention to 210 gyutos for a while so this morning I was just sorta poking around. And... There was still a sizable discount. So, turns out I got the last Tanaka Blue 2 Phil had.

Hey anyone see any good sales on pots & pans? Looking to upgrade some, good quality stainless preferred.

Hey anyone see any good sales on pots & pans? Looking to upgrade some, good quality stainless preferred.
Sur la Table and Williams Sonoma have been running sales all month long for All-Clad and stuff like that. Not sure if that's your definition of quality or you want a tier above, in which case I'm no help.

Over here in the Netherlands the best period to buy pans is usually january/february.

Hap-40 can supposedly be sharpened with traditional stones. I’ve done it but switched to diamonds. Its also supposedly fine grained and tough, probably better than 10V in both respects. I think its far easier to sharpen than 10V. Honestly with a diamond stone I probably can’t tell much difference sharpening time for blue 1 and thin hap40 (diamond for both), both are favorite steels of mine.

Back