The Deals, Discounts, & Sales Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to try an Indonesian natural stone from Bernal. Can't beat the FYF price!

It seems kinda in line with ordering direct so it’s a pretty good deal. Ofcourse it all depends on the photos of this particular knife. Stock photo looks awesome. Really like the profile on that particular one. Very often they’re not that nice
i agree. i saw this one in person, and pretty nice in person. they also offer a denka regrind service, so it could get touched up before it’s sent out.

i agree. i saw this one in person, and pretty nice in person. they also offer a denka regrind service, so it could get touched up before it’s sent out.
I reached out and asked about it. Never owned a 180mm before. Although I just noticed they have an out of stock 195mm gyuto also so I might have to think about it

Hap-40 can supposedly be sharpened with traditional stones. I’ve done it but switched to diamonds. Its also supposedly fine grained and tough, probably better than 10V in both respects. I think its far easier to sharpen than 10V. Honestly with a diamond stone I probably can’t tell much difference sharpening time for blue 1 and thin hap40 (diamond for both), both are favorite steels of mine.
K&S 210 Sentan hap40 is under 200.00 on sale. 240 around 200.00. Nice grind teak handle.
I'm with you, find that can put sharp edge on hap40 & edge retention is good. It's semi stainless, but so what. Like it better than zdp 189. Selling for around same price as VG10. Wondering if Hap 40 has lost its luster as popular steel of the whatever.

With Sugi discount ZDP189 Sukenari is nice too
IMG_3817.jpeg

Dang it! I just bought a Tetsujin 210mm gyuto from there a couple days ago. Also...loyalty discount?!
The loyalty discount is a program they have through a third-party service - "The K&S Club." It's essentially a 1% back on all your purchases -- 100 "points" gets you $1 off a future order. Note that you need to specifically create and account with them. Your Shop Pay account doesn't count. So if you haven't already been building points with them, no extra discount off of this order...

Back