• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gengetsu, Ashi Hamono, Yoshikin and Carbons

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdoublestack

Reaction score
First one is a Gengetsu Western handled 240mm Gyuto. I had to reprofile it - +/- 5mm chip in the center of the blade from a drop - it is now more of suji gyuto hybrid, with knuckle clearence. Great steel, excellent geometry, amazing cutter.
It is thinned ready to be sharpened, but does not have a final edge on it - thats for you. It does feel as good as any on the stones. Comes with a Ho wood saya.
$275 shipped
http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com...su-240mm-stainless-clad-white-2-yo-gyuto.html

G by mdoublestack, on Flickr

150mm Ashi Hamono stainless Petty. Hard, thin excellent f &f. comes with saya. Great lil knife. $85

300mm Yoshikin Gyuto. Stainless, not too too soft . Walnut handle. This apparently is a knife from global's creator before he started global... kindof cool, sharpened 90/10 asymettrical. . $50

7 inch Shun Classic Santoku. $40

7 inch Sabatier Professional series. Carbon Steel. Very little use. $50

8 inch Sabatier four star slicer. light pitting, can be sanded out. cool knife. handle is in good shape. $40

8 inch Foster Bros Cleaver. This thing is a beast. Very thick, maybe 10mm. weighs maybe 3 lbs. Nice shape. Freaking Beautiful rosewood handle. With a little thinning, nice edge, this an award winning cleaver. you heard me. $135

G by mdoublestack, on Flick

Henckels "12 model 102 chef knife. This is a project knife. I removed the handle since the photo. It does have a great distal taper. $45

And the runt of the litter a 6 inch professional series henckel chef knife, um great F&F $18

And, I am also looking for a masamoto 240mm or 270mm ks gyuto, so if any of this stuff tickles your fancy...
Now, let the action and interest commence!

12" Henckel, Yoshikin sold. Shun spf

Price drops on:
Gengetsu: $250
Ashi Petty: $75
7" Sabatier: $42
Sabatier Slicer: $38
Foster Bros. Cleaver: $110
Henckel professional: $14

And, I think I am going to take the Gengetsu off the table, finish the rehabs, re handle it and add a saya. Its too nice of a blade to sell it so cheap.

Price drops
Sabatier Slicer: $35
Foster Bros. Cleaver: $95 - Again, this is the most bad assed heavy duty cleaver Ive seen. One of you guys should thin this out and put an edge on it. That is the only rehab necessary on this thing. It is straight up, a butcher's dream. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit my streamlined knife bag.

I am gonna post this again, because I think guys should be interested in this blade, at this price.
This is a Gengetsu Stainless clad White #2 gyuto. I had to reprofile it - +/- 5mm chip in the center of the blade from a drop - it is now more of suji gyuto hybrid -42mm high at the heel- with knuckle clearence. Great steel, excellent geometry, amazing cutter.
It is thinned ready to be sharpened, but does not have a final edge on it - thats for you(if you dont want to, I am willing to do it). It does get sharper than any knife I know. Amazing steel. Just saying is all
$240 shipped

Handle to tip: 370mm
Heel to tip:233mm
Heel Height:42mm
Width at heel: 2.8mm
midway up the spine:1.8mm
10cm from the tip:.5mm
weight:230g

Back