• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa Kasumi Mukimono 180 with Uchigumori Polish from Greg (Wabocho) from EU

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy

Reaction score
Hi,

up for sale is a quite unique Shigefusa Kasumi Mukimono 180 mm with a really nice Uchigumori Polish... almost Kitaeji like!

Bought it last year from Greg (Wabocho). Used it just once to cut a cucumber and once for daikon, never sharpened. Has minimal patina stains on the blade and a few spots near the handle (see pictures...were there when I bought it). But overall the knife as well as the polish is in good shape.

Incl. is a simple cedar saya (also from Greg).

Price is 450 USD. Shipping in Europe included, international shipping extra. Payment via Paypal.

No trades please ! (other than: 150 mm Shigefusa Kitaeji Petty)

(Photos from yesterday)

Looking forward to your PM :)

Best Regards,
Iggy

Incredible knife; I hope it's already sold after 23 minutes! GLWS!

I'll take second in line if it isn't already taken. Knowing this forum I'm probably already 10 people down the list...

Another name for this shape is higashigata usuba, diamond tip usuba, usually that is applied to 210 and larger.

higashigata usuba is the same as kakugata usuba... thats just a square tipped one from the kanto region

Terribly sorry for confusion from non-Japanese speaker. Jon is correct; thank you, Jon. I was thinking of Hishigata usuba.

7XB1UcD6xSrHbN_Ff7lvWL8GWZiJ-M3oTYRVxkpnTJqEXS668n7JXCM5X9x7enScCnygHuAAltQo1wFXKkCLYd7kVWXjJakqlgvHQBIzCQQPpK-m0RUEE268FCvlHC5zUlrABIedoWZWXuwgBISK3o2ABnR_i_UAObiYNK2O6Wgydgssv3icwIB5OcaSO1Za9nKDlSziZEP_sMAmT271qAg_hVnIJ4zGsZ8FKQfmDEyTJtm6K7O1ccl7MpPpYCfwykIztoyLw5a6iooKe1PETL_xRU49djOOn5XHc88Vpa7sGiQIAP4ik2iaqAm88n433irE6sOQnWxGw1m61j0dsAFeqxS9iMimY6CC9YgVuPWtsE2ocaRrZy346BDqDSoAT0N1ZAHH_dMJCp9c72n5uc_9ru0eNuLkh-OoYueoRUlCAmxrZCob00oJvYSEEA8_OIZR3vEQAZvvsD4ha0AMJLbP31njZnxk96gFdbfRntmKowjsPiT00gLjV_IIfQvaErf92RTVlTcB2fzZQAwnYY9oh1Bg_7OVD1X80t3L7xHl8CvLzubxo3VVnZnPNZD9kQrZCgIRglw5XEBPHiKgW5hjLcjNuFcw=s1024

I'll take second in line if it isn't already taken. Knowing this forum I'm probably already 10 people down the list...

Actually you are second in line! :) Thanks for the posts guys. Starting to regret to let this blade go but I don't really use single bevels much (besides my yanagiba)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back