• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

4 (or 5?) knives: Fujiwara, Kato, Shigehiro, Takeda, Itinomon (Munetoshi)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asteger

Reaction score
4 knives listed and will sell the 5th together with something else. Hoping to sell knives together with a few other things I have on BST now, so preference to you if also interested in some things here:

Jnats (http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/30463-Big-list-of-Jnats!?p=456459#post456459)
Nagura (http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/30464-Nagura-various-including-6-piece-set?p=456460#post456460)
Iwasaki Kamisori set (http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/30466-Iwasaki-Kamisori-set-(razor-case-stone)?p=456469#post456469)
Ebony wa-handle (http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/30467-Large-ebony-wa-handle?p=456470#post456470)

As with the jnats I've posted, I'll only be selling over the next few days. Fire sale, basically, due to a move. Thread will be closed within a few days. Happy to negotiate prices together with other items.

1) Fujiwara Teruyasu 210mm Maboroshi no Meito gyuto, western handle. Well-known knife and no need to say much. Always liked the edge these take, the relatively flat but gently curving edge profile, and the great taper. White #1 core, stainless cladding Cost nearly $400 in the US last time I looked (on EE). This one came directly from Fujiwara Hamono and so much more economical for the same knife. Weight 202g, height 53mm over heel, 213mm in length heel-tip. $180.
Front_zpsbnzy9k3q.jpg
Back_zpsbkqbirfn.jpg

2) Kato JNS Workhorse 180mm gyuto, burnt chestnut octagonal wa-handle. In fine shape and Maxim used this as his photo model on JNS. I also spent some time polishing away the characteristic sen marks on the blade to give this, if I can say so, a better a kasumi finish. Weighs 157g (w/handle), length 182mm heel-tip, height 45mm at heel. $275 (Sorry, photo to come)

3) Shigehiro 210mm gyuto, White #2, marble ferrule ho octagonal wa-handle. Classy knife. Lightly tested 2 or 3 times only, knowing that eventually I’d be selling it because the balance didn't suit me. The ho-wood marble ferrule handle on this is probably the nicest I’ve seen of its type. Specs will be unchanged from when new, but are: weight 176g (w/handle), length 200mm heel-tip, height 46mm over heel. As far as I know these haven't been available since around when they first came out. $250
Front_zpsnnhbulav.jpg
Back_zpshn5uhtti.jpg

4) Takeda AS ‘Super Utility Kitchen Knife’ / Mioroshi Bocho’ (medium), rosewood octagonal wa-handle. Interesting Takeda blade in the no-longer-available AS steel preferred by many. Acts as a utility blade or mioroshi deba; Takeda describes them as ‘a long narrow kitchen knife with a thick blade’ while Chubo calls them ‘butchery knives’. Handy and double-bevelled. Very lightly used and I’ve put on a decent finish for the sale. This is the ‘medium’ version in Takeda’s catalogue which now lists the NAS models. (http://takedahamono.com/eshop/hocho2.html) Weight 141g (w/handle), length 174mm heel-tip and 180mm ferrule-tip, height 38mm over heel. $250
Takeda%20utility%20front_zpsv9wouq4v.jpg
Takeda%20utility%20back_zps0r82wavm.jpg

Extra: Will sell an Itinomon (Munetoshi Sanjo) KU butcher, marble ferrule ho-wood shinogi ‘d’ wa-handle, together with something else. Great value. Original JNS handle was a bit stubby and light I thought, and so replaced it with a somewhat bigger and longer (140mm vs 130mm) marbled version which has an irregular bit on the front side you can see in the photo, but which I think works well with such a rustic knife and suits it better. 191g (w/handle), height 35mm over heel, length 165mm tip-heel. Will sell for $70 together with at least one other knife/stone/etc I have on BST.
Itonimon%20butcher_zpsjwsof7rm.jpg

I will take: PM Sent (also some stones)

2) Kato JNS Workhorse 180mm gyuto, burnt chestnut octagonal wa-handle. In fine shape and Maxim used this as his photo model on JNS. I also spent some time polishing away the characteristic sen marks on the blade to give this, if I can say so, a better a kasumi finish. Weighs 157g (w/handle), length 182mm heel-tip, height 45mm at heel. $275 (Sorry, photo to come)

Extra: Will sell an Itinomon (Munetoshi Sanjo) KU butcher, marble ferrule ho-wood shinogi ‘d’ wa-handle, together with something else. Great value. Original JNS handle was a bit stubby and light I thought, and so replaced it with a somewhat bigger and longer (140mm vs 130mm) marbled version which has an irregular bit on the front side you can see in the photo, but which I think works well with such a rustic knife and suits it better. 191g (w/handle), height 35mm over heel, length 165mm tip-heel. Will sell for $70 together with at least one other knife/stone/etc I have on BST.

Good luck on that Kato whoever is getting it! I would love to own it :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Just got double digits in PMs within a few minutes, so thanks for all this so far! Have to go offline for a while but will return and take care of the details. Will try to follow the order of requests, but please PM rather than post if you'd like something so that it doesn't get too complicated. Posted questions are fine. Thanks

Kato's gone, sorry guys, although not sure to who. PM account has space for 70 more messages so not sure why 2 people had difficulty.

As said I'll need to go through all the PMs and reply but looks like all but the Takeda are SPF at the moment. Thanks so far

I'll get the maboroshi and the butcher if they are still available

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Gawd darn, that Kato 180 looked great.... Too late though.

Dang, didn't see this until today but at least it saved me some money??? Great stuff for sale!

It amuses me that in a matter of a few seconds I had fully justified the expense and convinced myself that I needed this Kato when I had little interest in getting a new knife (a bit of a lie since we all are knife nutz).

I wasn't quick enough to get it but now I am trying to find one. I have a problem :)

I wasn't quick enough to get it but now I am trying to find one. I have a problem :)

Yup, people basically pounced - especially at the Kato.

Knives all sold now. Thanks for the interest

Sorry! I just saw your final post. They went fast!

... As said, though. This thread can be closed. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back