• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 180 Wakui Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling my recently acquired 180 Wakui Gyuto.
The core steel is white #2, cladding is stainless.
The handle is octagonal Ho wood with buffalo horn bolster.

Measures in mm
Length heel to tip: 179
Cutting edge length: 183
Total length: 320
Height at heel: 43
Thickness above heel: 3
Edit: Weight: 127g

Had it for a little over a month now. Used it about 3 times and it’s a very good performing knife with a nice grind and good food release.
The thing is that it’s redundant in my collection and if I want to use something short and nimble I still grab my Bunka first. This and the fact that there is a 210 on the way to me makes me sell so someone will use it more than I would.
It’s got some blue patina on the cutting edge and some brown discoloration on the stainless cladding (from what I read in an older thread here it seems like this is quite common with Wakui knives).
I would like to leave the patina on the blade because I don’t want to ruin the finish trying to get rid of it, but if you want to I can try to get it off.
Will be shipped in it’s box of course.

Asking 150€ (~172$) plus 13€ (~15$) shipping in Europe and 28$ for insured shipping to the rest of the world (for uninsured shipping just ask me)

Pictures:
IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg
IMG_2294.jpg
IMG_2289.jpg

If you have any questions or want to see more pictures, just shoot me a message.

Last edited:
Back