• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn 210mm Kato STD Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking to trade this Kato for Dalman + cash or Dalmans, or feel free to offer me something from another Western custom maker. Special points for Dalman cleaver or HSS. I'm not really looking for anything Japanese except maybe a Jiro. Down to do knife + cash since this isn't exactly a cheap one.

I'm hoping to keep this in the US. Not looking to sell outright unless you want to offer above the required trade value that I'll put at $850.

I am not the first owner, but have only used the knife to cut raw, boneless protein twice. Have not sharpened it. I think the previous owner said they had put it to the stones twice, but I don't remember.

Some specs:

Edge length: 204mm
Height at heel: 49.5mm
Weight: 164 grams

Please PM to figure something out. I am also not a Kato guru, so this is all I can tell you about the knife. No idea when it was made, steel, etc.

EDIT*** This knife is being WITHDRAWN.

IMG_20210106_094233826.jpg

IMG_20210106_094245758.jpg

Last edited:
I am not the first owner, but have only used the knife to cut raw, boneless protein twice. Have not sharpened it. I think the previous owner said they had put it to the stones twice, but I don't remember.

That is correct. Also polished the vertical grind marks out, giving it what I found to be a less reactive, nice kasumi finish. Spent a lot of time on that polish.

Back