• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 220-500 grit synthetic water stone/also possibly a 4k-6k jnat for knife finishing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian1

Reaction score
Looking for 220-600 synthetic stone and possibly finishing jnat for knives beginner friendly. (55$ budget course stone and 150$ for jnat)

I have a chosera 1k, naniwa 5k, shapton 8k then very very fine kiita and asagi stone (8k+ and 2 current jnats for finishing razors). Planning on using chosera 1k and naniwa 5k for sharpening knvies as well but I need a sharpening stone for knives for pre 1k stone. Thought I would check to see if anyone has a used 220-600 or so water stone for starting stages of knife sharpening before I buy either 320 shapton / suehiro cerax 320 so budget of 50-55$ Shipped to USA.

Also might be interested in a finishing jnat for knives, a budget of 150$ ish for that. Something that could follow 1k or 5k and beginner friendly would be nice.

Currently, the only nice knife I have is a 125$ blue steel #2 gyuto from Tanaka but planning on expanding into a nice kitchen knife collection in the coming months.

Picked up a jnat for my knives, so just looking for a used stone 220-600 grit. Will probably buy new one next week if no one has anything for sale. Thanks for looking

I’ve got a Chosera 600 that’s been barely used. Might be too fine for your intentions

King 300 and some loose grit (like sic 60) to open it often with. for carbon it's a fast one. I go to chosera 1k after it.

Back