• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 240 maz, 240 hinoura, 180 wat nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeLoveshighCarbon

Reaction score
240 mazaki - 210$ - SOLD
240 Hinoura - 240$ - SOLD
180 Wat nakiri - 200$ - SOLD

All knives were bought on BST so I will link their descriptions from previous threads and put some of my thoughts down. They are leaving in nearly identical condition condition in which they came, plus some patina, beeswax around the tang, and a sharpening. I will cover first 20$ of shipping outside of CONUS.

SOLD - 240 mazaki migaki née kasumi - it was a kasumi finish but was thinned. Comes with burnt saya.
Price - 210$ all in
white steel #2
222 grams
246mm edge
Description - I originally was hesitant to buy a maz and get a fatty, so I waited on BST until I saw one that someone put some time into and obviously cared about. I love the full machi, and the distal taper is the best I've seen so far. Very comfortable, very authoritative on the board. I like the belly it has which the newer mazakis are lacking in my opinion.
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/two-jns-mazakis.49415/
240 hinoura - white steel, tall, all carbon version from cleancut
219 grams
Edge - 246mm
Price - 240$ all in
This is a good knife. I bought because I've been wanting to try Hinoura for a while. Great steel, great feedback on the board, drops through product. I never clicked with the KU finish though. The finish is well done, product fell right off the finish, and it gives the knife some serious juevos.
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/m-hinoura-240-gyuto.50490/
SOLD
180 wat nakiri pro in blue #2
This needs little introduction.
Weight - 191 grams
Price - 200$ all in - SOLD
I did some work on the kasumi finish on the bevel. Looks good, but not perfect. Was previously sharpened on the wide bevel and has some good scratch lines that will work out with time as the bevels become flattened. I didnt think I would sell it because it was priced well, but it sat in the drawer. I thought I could scoop with it and use it as a small cleaver, but it never happened. Same story with nakiris the world over I suppose.
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/masamoto-usuba-frkz-petty-wat-nakiri.47547/
I will post links to previously bought threads shortly.

Attachments

• 20210220_085133.jpg
    20210220_085133.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210220_085112.jpg
    20210220_085112.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
How did I miss this! I was on the site all morning! Crap!

Choil shot on the hinoura. Thinest of all my knives, but still feel confident on the board and not plingy. Low bevel with convexity right above gives great food separation, yet still good about wedging. Nice concavity running up the flat along with the KU finish gave superior non stickage. 55mm tall versions are 100% the way to go.

Attachments

• 20210220_132805.jpg
    20210220_132805.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back