• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 240mm Hatsuroko Korombei Damascus Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chang

Gay for Gyutos
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just paid Uncle Sam a big chunk of change, so I need some cash money.

This is a BNIB 240mm Hatsuroko Korombei Damascus gyuto. This was the cheapest I could find it at. Fit and finish is phenomenal, spine and choils perfectly rounded and comfy. Beautifully polished, as you can see from the reflections. Profile and grind are delicious, coupled with the gratuitous edge length and heel height, this should be a monster performer. These are forged by Nihei. I think he sharpens ‘em as well but not sure. Only con is that it comes with an ugly ass handle right now. I can throw in a Ho wood for free, or a marbled black buffalo horn and burnt chestnut handle for $50 more. There’s also no edge on the knife. I can leave that as is, or I can put a hair popping edge on it for ya at no extra charge. 😏

Specs:

248x55mm
205g
4.45mm at the handle
Suminagashi/Damascus Cladding
Aogami #1 Core
Unknown Wood Ugly Ass “Square” Octagonal Handle

Price: $500 $450 SOLD

FE580EDD-E8A7-4C55-A21A-78DE6D7F8E31.jpeg
9792840A-2FCA-474B-B5F8-1155E7C07272.jpeg
97DAC836-ACBB-4FBA-B94F-89F21E213888.jpeg
EB781B39-C9FC-4225-B67A-063C7C31C834.jpeg

Last edited:
If it's anything like the non Damascus version I got, this is an excellent knife with very generous height

Hello! The knife is beautiful and I dont want to spam the OP. I got excited about the maker initially but..

How do you know it’s Nihei?
According to Tosho, the Komorebi is a Sakai region knife. Nihei is Fukushima region and being an apprentice at Yoshikane and owning a Konosuke Sumiiro myself, I’m pretty sure he is a Sanjo style maker.

Hello! The knife is beautiful and I dont want to spam the OP. I got excited about the maker initially but..

How do you know it’s Nihei?
According to Tosho, the Komorebi is a Sakai region knife. Nihei is Fukushima region and being an apprentice at Yoshikane and owning a Konosuke Sumiiro myself, I’m pretty sure he is a Sanjo style maker.

I was told that it was forged by Nihei (also read it somewhere but can’t remember the source). I only know of one Nihei, which is, like you said, the Sanjo maker. And based on how the spine tapers, it’s pretty much sanjo style, so I just went with that.

Is there a sakai smith going by the name of Nihei?

Not that I know. Komorebi maker is not disclosed yet I think. And I’m not trying to lol. Just was wondering about it when I read your post. Nihei of Madei Sumiiro is a great smith.

Latest posts

Back