• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS 360mm Sakai Jikko watermelon knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm selling this 360mm Sakai Jikko watermelon knife that I bought directly from their storefront in Sakai a few years ago. It has a custom black palm and antler handle from Rowland Cutlery. This knife is a beast and a lot of fun, but I just don't find myself using it very often, so I'm hoping to sell it to fund additional purchases. Anyway, this is definitely a rough-hewn knife, and there are some scratches, machinery marks, and such along the blade. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what steel it is -- it's monosteel, and I think it's either one of the SK or yellow paper steels. I've used it lightly at home, and its never been sharpened. Anyway, if you've ever wanted to try something crazy like a watermelon knife, here's a good opportunity to own a pretty damn cool one.

I can't recall exactly how much I paid for this knife, although it was probably somewhere in the range of $100-$150. The handle was another $100. Given that I've never seen a Jikko watermelon knife like this available online, I'm going to list it at $180 including shipping within the US. I'm happy to ship internationally if we split shipping fees.

Here are the specs:

Spine thickness: ~2mm at handle (I misplaced my calipers so this is only approximate)
Height: 63mm at heel
Edge length: 350mm
Weight: 413 grams
Handle: Octagonal black palm wood with an antler spacer
Steel: Some sort of lower-grade carbon steel, probably SK or yellow paper.

I'm selling a few other knives right now as well, and if you buy 2 or more, I'll knock off $25 for each knife bundled.

Of course, let me know if you have any questions, or would like to see additional pictures.
20230906_145101.jpg

20230906_145047.jpg

20230906_145359.jpg

20230906_145334.jpg

Full album with more pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/9Sw8Zzw

Back