• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS 7 NICE NIB KNIVES FROM 5 YEARS AGO

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanhuth

Reaction score
I have swapped obsessions from knives to audio. I was especially into sharpening - I had the first Nowi sharpener in the US, which I picked up personally in Austria. Of the several collectible knives in my "collection", seven are NIB. If I haven't used them yet, I probably won't. So I'm selling them to make way for my new cash-draining obsession: hifi audio. Believe me, stick to knives. Each knife has it's own posting. Each knife is NIB, purchased in 2017-2018. All prices are below what I paid back then. Here is the list:

KONOSUKE HD2 GYUTO 240mm EBONY HANDLE - $375
SOLD MARKO TSOURKAN A2 GYOTO 240mm - $425
SOLD MASAMOTO 2017 KS GYUTO 250mm W SAYA - $350
SOLD MAZAKI WHITE 2 GYUTO 210mm EBONY OCTAGONAL RED SPACER AND SAYA - $230
SOLD MAZAKI WHITE 2 GYUTO 210mm EBONY OCTAGONAL WHITE SPACER - $210
MERT TANSU TAKE ON KS GYUTO WITH SC125 250mm - $950
SOLD SHIGEFUSA KUROUCHI WA NAKIRI 165mm - $350

Please make any comments, questions, or intentions in the individual posts.
Prices are USD and shipped UPS ground.

Thanks for looking

Alan

Note: posted on CKTG and KKF
This is the magnificent seven:
KNIVES FOR SALE - boxes.jpeg

Nowi Sharpener factory photo. More info here (in German): NOWI PRO & HOME.
Nowi sharpener.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised that not much interest in the Mert Tansu KS profile honyaki nor the Kono HD2. Did they go out of favor in the last 5 years? Both are new and priced below what I paid. Any ideas?

Cool Knives, and strange hobby. You have been "into sharpening" and now sell unused knives ? what have you sharpened if i may ask ?

SirCutALot

I've been using mostly a pair of Moritaka 250mm KS-style KU knives. My favorites. Also a bunch of pettys and a Chinese cleaver.

What have I sharpened? I helped my son become a good sharpener in high school. It was his job instead of mowing lawns and babysitting. It actually helped get him into a decent college, I think. They sure asked him about it a lot. He had a video of slicing through a pineapple without it even moving, which seemed to resonate. Triple H Precision

As far as I know we have one of the few complete knifegrinders.com.au setups (Tormeks, paper and felt wheels, etc.) as well as the only Nowi in the US and a full set of TS Prof. So lots of sharpening. Vadim at knife grinders is our guru. His book was a real eye-opener. He taught us the importance, and difficulty, of removing burrs. Most people think they have removed the burr, but they really haven't. This is less of a factor with high quality Japanese knives, but it makes a huge difference with everything else.

Back