• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

A few knives for sale - Don Nguyen, HHH, Nenox, Echizen, Custom

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trilby

Reaction score
All the knives listed are very lightly used. Majority of them have never been resharpened. Many have been used only in my own home setting. Not in a professional enviroment.

I am not in a rush to sell so please....no low balling

First I have a set of knives from:

Don Ngyuen

Both are purple dyed splattered maple

A paring and a gyuto

$850

Randy Haas mystery steel Nakari

Ironwood with a steel Randy was unsure about. Bousght on here under his "on the bench" thread

$450

Nenox Nenohi

10.75 inch gyuto with Ironwood. Saya is included

$500

Custom mystery Nakari with presentation box and saya.

Blue paper steel with a splattered maple handle with ebony colored bolster.

$325

Echizen gyuto knife

Coreless layered steel (beautiful!) With a stainless steel handle

$275

All pictues for these knives will be found on the instagram page named :

Overpaidlunchlady

Last edited:
im trying to 51 too :)

Well, it's considered pretty poor form to achieve this by making random, non relevent posts which don't add anything to the thread. I would not suggest following Trilby's lead in this regard.

It is in fact easy enough to do by just participating in the forum in the way that the forum is designed to be particpated in.

Ive been a member since 2013....take a chill pill

I appreciate all of knife knowledge I've gained from here... Much of what i know is from reading.....for hours....and searching on here.....for hours.....Find something else to whine about or feel the need to speak up on something so irrelevant....we're all here for the same reason....why have a passion for knives and things of the sort.

Lets not be petty.....

I appreciate all of knife knowledge I've gained from here... Much of what i know is from reading.....for hours....and searching on here.....for hours.....Find something else to whine about or feel the need to speak up on something so irrelevant....we're all here for the same reason....why have a passion for knives and things of the sort.

Lets not be petty.....

It might have been better for you to PM the Admins and ask if you could be granted a waiver of post count given your long association with the forums, rather than appearing to "beat the system".

In any event, I suggest that you take some better pictures of the knives you are trying to sell, upload them to a hosting service (other than Photobucket) and give direct links to them rather than just saying "go to my Instagram page". I went there and found it very difficult to find the knife pictures. I never did find anything on the knives I was interested in, the Don Nguyen pair. The average forum member is probably not going to take the effort to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Good luck with your sales.

Rick

Lol....oh goodness....How do you know i didn't message the moderators? I will have you know i messaged both of them.... I even was willing to pay for this service....additionally i was considering becoming a supporting member.... Thank you for your advice none the less.

If anyone is truly interested swapping emails is a no brainer...but thanks again...

Lol....oh goodness....How do you know i didn't message the moderators? I will have you know i messaged both of them.... I even was willing to pay for this service....additionally i was considering becoming a supporting member.... Thank you for your advice none the less.

If anyone is truly interested swapping emails is a no brainer...but thanks again...
I will have you know that I didn't receive a goddamn thing from you. Act like a gentleman and you'll go far. You probably won't care for the alternative.

Politeness and a generous mind will get you far further trilby.

I will have you know that I didn't receive a goddamn thing from you. Act like a gentleman and you'll go far. You probably won't care for the alternative.

No photos... means it's not real. Trilby I think you need to come clean with some real photos (not a link to another forum thread please).

Let me try and save this thread with actual pics.
17076869_1163065027139643_7207049624853413888_n.jpg

Actually proof trilby even has any knives for sale would be useful.

Its 2017..... If Instagram is too hard for you to use.....an email or direct message on here will get the job done....

Lmao....
How to search for users on Insta:

Simply tap the magnifying glass to enable a search option.

Start with the " @ " symbol, before typing in there name to directly find a user

@overpaidlunchlady

Lmao....
How to search for users on Insta:

Simply tap the magnifying glass to enable a search option.

Start with the " @ " symbol, before typing in there name to directly find a user

@overpaidlunchlady

This is going nowhere fast.

You obviously don't "get it".

Admins, moderators, and long-standing members are all trying to tell you that you are going about this the wrong way. Instead of humbly listening and learning how things work around here, your tone is defensive and your attitude is, frankly, offensive.

Put your $ where your mouth is and become a supporting member. Spamming and trolling are not signs you are winning on the internet (or elsewhere).

Personally, I wouldn't buy from or sell to someone behaving in such a manner.

Is this the 50 post party thread?! Count me in! :party2: :happy1: :EDance2:

Just kidding, in all seriousness no one wants to sort through an Instagram to find the knives for sale among other pictures. At the minimum you could've just linked the Instagram photos directly (unless I missed that). But most importantly, pictures from when you got your knives aren't really important. Recent pictures and close-ups of the knives in their current condition are what people are looking for on here, check out a couple sale threads for examples.

Lots a cool folks here, your best approach is to take some photos and place them on a sharing site. Put a quick description up and link the photos. Be nice, people here are pretty cool, but if you wanna see a **** storm, keep up what your doing.

Respectfully.

DanDan

I thank you for your constructive criticism and lightheartedness lol.

I am somewhat new to Instagram to be honest lol.
I need to use my laptop to obtain the url i believe is needed to post pictures on here.

Whats pretty ironic is that the only reason i created an Instagram account was because of kkf....lol....i needed a site to post pictures for others to see....my first second and third pictures were of knives lol.
I was trying to see if anyone on the forum's could identify the Japanese makers mark on a blade i picked up from a flea market.....and to no surprise a member messaged me almost right away!! I was so stoked and appreciative of stranger knowledge and joy similar things!

I totally agree with it being very burdensome to sift and sort through random photos to find the goods...

This is why i used my secondary account with only one non kife photo....its literally dedicated to these knives until they are sold.

My feeling is that many members and enjoy studying and learning about diffrent steels, stones, tools, makers etc.
I think its totally agreeable that we all like to ooh and ahh over customs and bad a** Japanese knives while we are on here. Its one of the best things about the website!!

And to be brutally honest i have no apologies if i ruffled some feathers.... Ive done my best and have nothing to hide. If 3 4 or 5 people dislike the post, or even me personally, Thats ok....that's under 1% of the posts viewers and fellow knife/kitchen people.

What can say....I'm a chef

Thank you for the kind messages/emails i have already received!

DanDan

I thank you for your constructive criticism and lightheartedness lol.

I am somewhat new to Instagram to be honest lol.
I need to use my laptop to obtain the url i believe is needed to post pictures on here.

Whats pretty ironic is that the only reason i created an Instagram account was because of kkf....lol....i needed a site to post pictures for others to see....my first second and third pictures were of knives lol.
I was trying to see if anyone on the forum's could identify the Japanese makers mark on a blade i picked up from a flea market.....and to no surprise a member messaged me almost right away!! I was so stoked and appreciative of stranger knowledge and joy similar things!

I totally agree with it being very burdensome to sift and sort through random photos to find the goods...

This is why i used my secondary account with only one non kife photo....its literally dedicated to these knives until they are sold.

My feeling is that many members and enjoy studying and learning about diffrent steels, stones, tools, makers etc.
I think its totally agreeable that we all like to ooh and ahh over customs and bad a** Japanese knives while we are on here. Its one of the best things about the website!!

And to be brutally honest i have no apologies if i ruffled some feathers.... Ive done my best and have nothing to hide. If 3 4 or 5 people dislike the post, or even me personally, Thats ok....that's under 1% of the posts viewers and fellow knife/kitchen people.

What can say....I'm a chef

Thank you for the kind messages/emails i have already received!

Goto imgur, upload photo, copy link...
Post in forum... all possible on a mobile phone.

This is much easier and faster than all your post replies put together...

It makes me wonder then if you are a legitimate seller...

Lol....oh goodness....How do you know i didn't message the moderators? I will have you know i messaged both of them.... I even was willing to pay for this service..

I'm a both. I didn't receive a thing.

A quick read of the thread will show that I was pretty much looking the other way on your spamfest - due largely to the time you've been registered here.

PM me if you would like to clean this mess up. It seems to be going nowhere fast.

At a minimum, the following info about all of the knives for sale would be helpful for potential buyer (yes, some of this is included in the OP, but not for all the knives):
recent pictures of at least the profile and handle
steel and handle materials
heel to tip length, height at heel, weight
condition, including sharpening history
a lot of people like to have the idea of a balance point as well

I'm a both. I didn't receive a thing.

A quick read of the thread will show that I was pretty much looking the other way on your spamfest - due largely to the time you've been registered here.

PM me if you would like to clean this mess up. It seems to be going nowhere fast.

So is this guy going to be legit to buy from? I want that hhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back