AFKitchenknifeguy's aka Jason's Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like your other Kramer could use a saya and I could get a chance to study it a little bit. :)

Maybe if you are in the area. It's hard to part with that kind of knife.

M

Marko,

I trust you 100%, it's just the postal services I don't trust. I would have to hand deliver it before I did that. I would love to have a saya for it though, it would complete the masterpiece.

When you are in the area, stop by and I will fit it while you wait finish later. I get to see it and you won't part with your treasure. :)

M

That is an awesome collection. Really appreciate seeing the Kramers and the Carter.

Thanks
Chris

Sweet collection. That's the best looking Carter I've ever seen. Who did the handle?

Sweet collection. That's the best looking Carter I've ever seen. Who did the handle?

There are a couple of Carters in there, but I believe you are writing about the petty with the Stefan handle. I believe I got that done 5 years ago, bought the handle through Dave and had Carter ship the knife to Dave to put the handle on it. It is definitely in my top three favorite knives i've ever used.

That is the one I meant and I now see you said that already. It's a looker!

Sick and impressive collection. fractured my left eye like a 30Yo model wearing lace lingerie.

that line pattern damascus Kramer chef is unbelievable.

You north american chefs have a soft spot for fancy handles :p

20160906_212539_zpsu1qsdctu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sure, it's a redwood burl and blackwood ferrule. The steel is 52100, my favorite.

The Rader is 52100 too I believe (got it in a trade), not sure of the handle materials. Rader's are flawless IMO. Other than Carter, I can't think of a better knife.

I really shouldn't have, it's the last thing I need right now, but I just got a killer deal on a Carter IP. More than half the price of the original. Looks like it was refurbished and some stock taken off, which suits me just fine as I prefer a narrower blade as opposed to a lot of belly. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Back