Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to think people are generally nice. That was before I started drilling my handle.

Pure evil does exist. They love to watch people suffer, and let the world burns. Otherwise why the F would anyone put metal lining all around the inside of a wa handle?!

Been drilling for the whole afternoon and burnt my drill bit to finally get the tang hole wide enough. Grrrrrrr still got another one to do!

View attachment 319019
What’s the size on that? It looks really nice.

I used to think people are generally nice. That was before I started drilling my handle.

Pure evil does exist. They love to watch people suffer, and let the world burns. Otherwise why the F would anyone put metal lining all around the inside of a wa handle?!

Been drilling for the whole afternoon and burnt my drill bit to finally get the tang hole wide enough. Grrrrrrr still got another one to do!

View attachment 319019
Nice handle, you sure it wasnt metal pins for holding the ferrule to the body?

Nice handle, you sure it wasnt metal pins for holding the ferrule to the body?
There's no metal at the ferrule, but metal plated all the way from the top to the bottom on all 4 sides of the body. It's as if there's only a thin layer of wood and the rest is metal on the inside.

The current starting roster:

20240503_075941.jpg

- Sakai Kikumori Nihonkou
- Okahide
- Kawatsu
- Homi
- Homi
- Homi

The first four are my most used knives. I actually use the two little ones quite a lot.

Last edited:
Mono-steel westerns by westerners …
Newham: Nitro V: Ringed Gidgee and Brass
Laseur: 52100: Stabilized Mahogany and Brass
Troopah: Magnacut: Stabilized Afzelia Xlay and carbon fibre
Troopah: Vanadis 8: Fat Carbon
IMG_3663.jpeg

Last edited:
Points if you can ID all 6 knives on the rack - 4 should be fairly easy, 1 is medium, and the last will be tricky (mostly because you can't see any part except half the handle

View attachment 319733
Mazaki, Mazaki, Mazaki, Mazaki, Mazaki and Mazaki.

hmm also i think we need a bit more hint here. this is not a fair game lol
The Handle is very distinct, it has two dark bands and tapers down where the spine starts. This was bought from Bernal about a year ago, but they don't seem to carry it anymore. It is not japanese

Back