Android Angle Measurement

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
In honor of Google changing names from Android Market to Google Play Store, many an app or game is on sale for a fraction of it's original cost. One of them, Smart Tools, is a great app with 14 measuring devices built in. You can use this app to measure angles when sharpening. Works really good and for only $0.25 it's a must have! Act now before the price goes back up. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.aboy.tools&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImtyLmFib3kudG9vbHMiXQ..

ya Kitchen Confendential was on sale the other day. I will have to pick this one up.

I'm leery of the angle measurement apps. Tried two different ones at a project site lately, and the results varied by more then they should have. And when we checked the angle using old-school methods, we found neither app gave an accurate answer.

The angle meter I use on my iPhone4, "Angle Meter", is accurate and free. I rarely check my angle while sharpening though, I tend to go feel and how the bevel looks, and most importantly how it cuts.

Yeah, I'm not saying this is a must have for sharpening or anything as I've been doing just fine without it for years. I just thought it would be cool to check it out and see about what angles I was using. Seems ok for that so I figured if anyone was interested, might as well get it now.

Anyway, thanks for the tip! I've spent about $3 in the last two days on a handful of great apps!

-AJ

Back