Best Workhorse Gyuto for $500

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks tbc, heard very good things about Joe and Trey as well. So many really good makers now it's rather hard to decide:(

Japanese - WataPro / Wakui
EU - Kamon Knives

Takayuki ginsans are really good!

Would never limit myself to one type of blade. Like thick & thin, tall and narrow. Different blades are suited for various types of foods and prep. Like sushi and sashimi, forward push cut & chopping tall blades, peeling, slicing narrow blades.

Tsourkan 52100 workhorse
IMG_8293.jpg

I'm not one for chunkier blades in general, but I got to see and use these the other day and I'll just say this: impressive work. Great distal taper, nice and thin behind the edge, great fit and finish and a breeze to sharpen.
I agree 100%. As a laser fan myself, it's surprising how popular these thicker knives are.

I agree 100%. As a laser fan myself, it's surprising how popular these thicker knives are.

I'm in the same boat. But it's like they say; there's no accounting for taste. I think it also depends on what sort of prep/cutting tasks you do and the type of food you cook. These are plenty thin behind the edge for me, but I'm used to having my guard hand much closer to inline with the apex. I don't think I worded that well but hopefully you get my drift.

Latest posts

Back