Big bad carbon boy - recommendation please

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I decided: I will go with FKH. If smell problem is solved and misono has f&f issues lately, I don't see good reason to spend double on similar knives. I feel that's safe choice.

Also, in the near future, I may buy this kagayaki EW. It's limited edition (25 pieces, 10 left), and I quite like this profil. It's looks like bastard child of Chinese cleavers and gyuto. I don't really know if it's functional, but it's looks like something fun to try out. If I do so, I will be sure to leave feedback here.

Thank you very much for your help! I'm very grateful for sharing with me your knowledge!

Just a quick thought. If time is not an issue for you, then I would post a "want to buy" here on KKF.
I would think someone in the EU would have a decent 270+ Gyuto sitting around collecting dust. My guess you would have a blade within a month at $200 or less.

I hadn't thought about that! Unfortunately I already bought FKH.

Sooo, in the end, I got both. I'm little ashamed. I got FKH because it's solid choice. And CN because it was looking sooo fun(and I have little self control and weak point against "limited edition" stuff).

I love them both.

I'm grateful for all insight you provided!

IMG_20210527_112538715.jpg

IMG_20210527_112818388.jpg

And honestly, I was hoping that it will help with thrive for new knives. It does not. I'm already thinking about buying another knives. Spending hours on forum. I even bought a FRKZ 210mm TF from JCK this week. Urgh. Is there any cure?

Sooo, in the end, I got both. I'm little ashamed. I got FKH because it's solid choice. And CN because it was looking sooo fun(and I have little self control and weak point against "limited edition" stuff).

I love them both.

I'm grateful for all insight you provided!

View attachment 128866
View attachment 128867

And honestly, I was hoping that it will help with thrive for new knives. It does not. I'm already thinking about buying another knives. Spending hours on forum. I even bought a FRKZ 210mm TF from JCK this week. Urgh. Is there any cure?

Down the rabbit hole you go. If there is any chance to cure your sickness, I suggest:

Turnoff your kkf account and never return. Do not join other knife forums or other knife groups ie. Facebook groups. Do not search knife vendors and look at knifes. Do not go into any knife shops. Do not watch shows like forged and fire or documentaries on blacksmithing. Do not take any interest in Japan. If you have any friends that are into knives, unfriend them. I’m not sure if you have a wife. If you do, tell her of your sickness and give her any of your credit cards and tell her you cannot be trusted that she should check you account on the daily basis for any suspicious knife purchases. Do not buy any stones or learn how to sharpen the joy of putting a fresh edge on a knife will only lead to curiosity of how other steels will sharpen and down the rabbit hole you will continue. Find someone who can put a functional edge on your knife, but make sure they are not a really good sharpener that could also awake your curiosity and down the 🐇 hole you go. If you happen to see a 🔪 that looks interesting walk away. Do not hold it, look at it, or ask any information about it. Find some other hobby or cause and immerse yourself deeply. Maybe just maybe you can escape the rabbit hole... but chances are slim to none. I’m sure there are some who have escaped, who knows maybe you could be one of them.

Down the rabbit hole you go. If there is any chance to cure your sickness, I suggest:

Turnoff your kkf account and never return. Do not join other knife forums or other knife groups ie. Facebook groups. Do not search knife vendors and look at knifes. Do not go into any knife shops. Do not watch shows like forged and fire or documentaries on blacksmithing. Do not take any interest in Japan. If you have any friends that are into knives, unfriend them. I’m not sure if you have a wife. If you do, tell her of your sickness and give her any of your credit cards and tell her you cannot be trusted that she should check you account on the daily basis for any suspicious knife purchases. Do not buy any stones or learn how to sharpen the joy of putting a fresh edge on a knife will only lead to curiosity of how other steels will sharpen and down the rabbit hole you will continue. Find someone who can put a functional edge on your knife, but make sure they are not a really good sharpener that could also awake your curiosity and down the 🐇 hole you go. If you happen to see a 🔪 that looks interesting walk away. Do not hold it, look at it, or ask any information about it. Find some other hobby or cause and immerse yourself deeply. Maybe just maybe you can escape the rabbit hole... but chances are slim to none. I’m sure there are some who have escaped, who knows maybe you could be one of them.
It may be too late for that...

Back