Blenheimforge knives in UK .. ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matus, I also made an enquiry at Blenheim forge. They're quite flexible with regards to sizes, grinds and profiles. And their prizes looks reasonable. So far everything looks good :).

I'll wait on your report on the grind (they're also flexible on this; do even do hollow grinds or full flat grinds) before taking any further action. I'm very curious on how your knife performs.

The only thing that does concern me a bit is that they do not seems to be specialized into one type of knife. I hope they're not reasonable good at many things, but a master of none.

Mark, I should have the knife within a week (I guess, the knife should be shipped soon). I have decided to take up the challenge and try to make some sort of robust pouch/sheath myself (remember, the knife is intended for travel).

About the grind - I only requested the knife shoudl be thin. I expect it will come with some sort of convex grind - I did not make a specific request as I rather leave that to their exerience. I am indeed very curios about how the knife will perform.

I will use this thread to post preliminary impressions and later make a review (I have a review-queue again - Kochi Santoku, Yoshikane Hakata and now this one).

Soooo, the knife arrived today. I have checked it out quickly and used it to prepare todays dinner. I like it and at the same time I can imagine some small improvements or chnages. I will post a few photos today or tomorrow together with my first impressions (I want to use it a little more before I do that). Please be patient :)

Sounds like you're not entirely satisfied. Just send it on to me ;-)

Looking forward! (And please take your time... I am patient.)

Funnily enough I was at Blenheim Forge yesterday.
A good bunch of guys, and they know what they are about.

We need to know grinds, balances, user whore expriences

really, we want to buy

OK guys, you deserve a little appetiser :) There are more photos on my flickr, but I plan to link some of the for the review later.

And to give you idea about the size (heel to tip just under 150mm): From to to bottom: 180 Kochi santoku, 165 Yoshikane Hakata SKD, 150 Blenheimforge, 130 Masakage Koishi ko-bunka

Matus, don't want to derail the thread, but would love to hear more about the Kochi Santoku. Maybe also compared to the Hakata (I have the Damascus Yoshikane and an Asi)... Did you review the Kochi somewhere? Or maybe you can send me a PM, if that's not too much work? Thx

I will be doing review of the Kochi and I actually plan a comparative review together with Yoshikane Hakata and partially also Carter Funayuki. Let me see what I can do about that PM tonight :)

I will be doing review of the Kochi and I actually plan a comparative review together with Yoshikane Hakata and partially also Carter Funayuki. Let me see what I can do about that PM tonight :)

Looking forward to this and have to say it is a beautiful knife!

There knives look awesome waiting to see a review from you on yours. 😀

Just wanted to say that I have invested quite some time to this little new knife and a review could be up in 2-3 weeks. I did not want to write it before I get more hands on time and discuss some details with the maker. I really appreciate how open, friendly and helpful these guys are.

Amaizing review man thanks alot. Saving up the money to buy one in a couple of month maybe

Matus,

Indeed great review. I bet you are getting the next Blenheimforge for free ;)

Back