• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD BNIB Kashima Sanjo 240 w#2 stainless clad -- $220 (DROP)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DROP! $220 shipped CONUS. :dancingchicken:

For sale is this BNIB Kashima Sanjo 240 gyuto from cleancut. I purchased this a few weeks ago when I was checking out sanjo mid-weight gyutos. This is a lovely knife, but it is too similar to my gengetsu which I now have two of. So I've decided to pass this along to someone who has space in their block/bar for a knife like this. Like many sanjo gyutos, it has a great profile with very usable flat spot, a nice pointy tip, and a nice taper both longitudinally and toward the edge. It is also nice and thin behind the edge. Finally, this particular model is outfitted with an upgraded enju wood handle that is "half round" for comfort (octagonal on top, round on bottom), with a horn ferrule and end cap. I like the handle but if you have particularly large hands you might find it a bit on the skinny side.

I paid 2296 SEK with shipping to the US, which comes to $262.08. I will let this go for $250 $235 $220 shipped CONUS. Again, this knife is BNIB and has not cut a thing.

All measurements from Cleancut:

Knife: Kashima Sanjo gyuto, from Cleancut
Length: 240mm
Height: 48mm
Weight: 184 grams.
Steel: white #2 with stainless cladding
Handle: Half-round enju wood with horn ferrule and end cap

1-kashima-left-side.jpg

2-kashima-right-side.jpg

3-kashima-handle.jpg

4-kashima-choil.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a righty grind, or just the angle of the choil shot?

Good question. When I look at it with the naked eye, it does look like there could be some asymmetry to the grind, but the knife is pretty thin so it's not super easy to perceive. It kinda depends on how I hold it, so I'm not really trusting my eyes on this one. I tried to take the choil shot head-on, so in theory, what you see is what you get; but it could be that I was off angle when I took the photo.

I think the only way to be sure is to write to Cleancut directly and ask them if the Kashima Sanjo is 50/50 or what.

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
Had the same knife and liked it a lot. Also let it go because it was so similar to Gengetsu and Amekiri. There's a passaround thread about mine - most users also liked it and one bought it when I listed it.

GLWS!

That there's a right purdy knife and a good price tag on it too. Too bad I'm all full up with 'em - GLWS.

Back