Box for storing knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanmak17

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has seen or can recommend a maker of boxes to store knives?

In my particular kitchen I don't have room for a magnetic strip, don't like the idea of a knife block and don't really have enough drawer space. I'd like to keep the knifes handy but safe and dry.

I'm thinking of something like a keepsake box that is felt lined which can hold 6-8 chef knives in various lengths up to 240mm, which I can set on top of the fridge.

Thoughts or other ideas?

Thanks

You could also take one of the drawer inserts and fit it inside any empty box you like. I have a nice wooden one from Henkels, and another generic bamboo one from Ikea that would both work well for this

Love it when the packaging is worth more than the contents.

Im not so sure about that, I’d bet he has a few unicorns in that case! Notice the thickness of the case; there has to be other layers below that hiding some gems

Im not so sure about that, I’d bet he has a few unicorns in that case! Notice the thickness of the case; there has to be other layers below that hiding some gems
Probably a spatula, markers, graters etc. He's "showing off" the collection in this video not hiding the cool stuff he's got.

Probably a spatula, markers, graters etc. He's "showing off" the collection in this video not hiding the cool stuff he's got.

Looks like you’re dead on: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/03/28/knife-guy

Seems he never mentions anything other than MAC (saw one mention of Nenox from him in another article)
IMG_2507.jpg

I like the idea of modifying a leather brief case. Could probably be done as a DIY.

Like putting a $5000 sound system into a $2000 used car.
More like a $200 used car in $5000 sound system. Could dub as a Simpsons "in communist russia" joke

I like in the Video when he says "then i have this big one here" probably a 8" incher.
I was suprised he didnt say its super sharp and the last time he got it sharpened was 2 years ago.

Actually looks like the Gag is on us, obsessing about knives, meanwhile this guy makes millions of dollars and is famous with Mac's. Actually all the celebrity chefs use the mass marketed stuff.... LOL watch the BST be flooded with Honyaki.

That last quote "in life it's important to appreciate things, not obsessed" explains it all

More like a $200 used car in $5000 sound system. Could dub as a Simpsons "in communist russia" joke

I like in the Video when he says "then i have this big one here" probably a 8" incher.
I was suprised he didnt say its super sharp and the last time he got it sharpened was 2 years ago.

Actually looks like the Gag is on us, obsessing about knives, meanwhile this guy makes millions of dollars and is famous with Mac's. Actually all the celebrity chefs use the mass marketed stuff.... LOL watch the BST be flooded with Honyaki.
Which is funny because he claims to have a relationship with Korin. I guess the joke is on use.

Can celebrity be wasted if it is a waste to be a celebrity?

Yea, I've seen these but have a tile back splash, which i'd really rather not drill through. Last thing I need to splain to the wife is why there is a big chip out of the back splash and the inevitable, *** is that board hanging up there? Actually my other real concern is stability of the knifes in the event of earthquake which happens from time to time in my neck of the woods. I'd like to see one of these with a bumper guard that clips on one end to secure the knifes to the board JIC.

I just noticed (thanks chef Doom for giving me a notification)

THAT not only does he like Louis Vuitton but he likes Vacheron Constantin.
The watch is a Historiques American 1921 .... I'll let you all google what that is.

ALSO you can see in this video he has a Vacheron Constantin Overseas?

Can see it at 3:47

His passion for fine time pieces is much higher than knives and yet again ... The prank is on us where its more important to spend on watches and cases than knives.

Last edited:
The watch is nice but the dial is shifted to one side. I prefer other brands. I even had a pocket watch converted to wrist watch. the bag for carrying 6 blades is too bulky and expensive. mine the one in photo the bag was bought in the early 80s and carries 10 or more blades.

Back