• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - EU [Buying] Chinese style cleavers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chasingsharpness

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am interested in Chinese style cleavers, particularly slicing cleavers. Open to various types of steel and prices. Particularly interested in carbon CCKs and Sugimotos, but open to all rectangles.

I am in the UK. I understand this might mean some cheaper cleavers might not make sense to ship internationally, but please drop me a message anyway to discuss of you are considering selling one.

Hi everyone,

I am interested in Chinese style cleavers, particularly slicing cleavers. Open to various types of steel and prices. Particularly interested in carbon CCKs and Sugimotos, but open to all rectangles.

I am in the UK. I understand this might mean some cheaper cleavers might not make sense to ship internationally, but please drop me a message anyway to discuss of you are considering selling one.
Pmd

Have you looked on Amazon? I got a Sug. #6 for $256 with free shipping from Japan about 6-8 weeks ago. It seems like they sell them in blocks of 5-10 as they quickly run out, but then a week later they have more. And the price jumps around between about $250-$280. Mine had a wire edge to it, was ground thinner than I had expected, and had more belly to it, so I don't know if they are factory seconds that fall outside of Sugimoto's normal parameters. But it only took about 10 minutes on a coarse diamond stone to improve the profile since it is so thin behind the edge (concave grind).

This is how mine looks after the work on the blade and a little work on the handle (was plastic-y feeling so I lightly sanded it, stained it, oiled it, and finished with beeswax board butter).

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2018.JPG

Many thanks. Unfortunately Amazon Japan do not ship knives to the UK. Unfortunately many others also do not, but I will have a look at the ones that do.

I have 2 new masahiro cleavers coming in to The UK, which are supposed to have better metal and finish than the CCK. I intend to keep the mini cleaver and release the standard sized one.

I'll let you know when the come in?

I have 2 new masahiro cleavers coming in to The UK, which are supposed to have better metal and finish than the CCK. I intend to keep the mini cleaver and release the standard sized one.

I'll let you know when the come in?
And arrived and tested. They really are better than CCK in finish and steel!

The larger one is my preferred cleaver but it's too big for my knife block!

Let me know if you are interested. The larger one was only £75!

Attachments

• 20230908_161433.jpg
    20230908_161433.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Hi, thanks for updating me. Do you have any details what model that is? Or the dimensions/weight and steel?

Hi, thanks for updating me. Do you have any details what model that is? Or the dimensions/weight and steel?
Yes it's the Masahiro tx-104 Specs

The smaller one is the Masahiro tx-101.

I only intended to keep one but it was such a good deal I bought 2 in the event someone could use it.

The Tx-104 and tx-101 are the thinnest slicers of the lot!

Correction £90, import VAT got applied!

Back