Canadian Vendors

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordanp

Reaction score
So I was wondering is there any Canadian vendors/craftsman that are able to do knife refurbishing/rehandle/repairs all in one. If I were to send it to the U.S it'll kill me with shipping and exchange rates and would prefer to keep it domestic thanks.

(Not sure what is avaliable at tosho but thought I'd ask here first)

sharp and shiny shop does rehandling, he's based in Ontario

search mclean customs

Knifewear does All thé above. Also very inexpensive. Located in western Canada. Calgary ottowa Edmonton and kelowna If possible i think edmontons guys have thé best set up. Calgary is a little busier. ive Had A nakiri ground down a little to make thé back edge more circular and than touched up and it came out glorious eh.

Looks like you are from Calgary, so as people mentioned - Knifewear.
If you visit Toronto area, Tosho is a good place to start and finish for that matter :)

Mmm from what I've seen Knifewear does not do rehandles/ extra stuff plus it really depends who you get for sharpening only a couple guys are good had a couple ****** jobs done on friends knives so I'm skeptical.

Edit: gave tosho a shout about it to see what they can do anyone have experience dealing with them?

Tosho is great. They are a vendor here. Karl aka HattoriChop(also a vendor here) has done handles for them.

Mmm from what I've seen Knifewear does not do rehandles/ extra stuff plus it really depends who you get for sharpening only a couple guys are good had a couple ****** jobs done on friends knives so I'm skeptical.

Knifewear is more of a boutique knife shop, I don't think they are the operation/ nor have the equipment to do any major work. I did ask about re-handles a while back and they did say that they do them, tho not sure what kind of handles they offered.

What kind of work are you looking to get done ? If its major, perhaps you need a knifemaker/bladesmith.

Back