Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will take the 210. Need to get my brother's address for where to ship it, but think it will be a good birthday present. Will PM email again.

Love the 2442 stainless clad, btw! Still have not posted pics, but need to with the nice patina formed around the blade. Love the look of it!

Brilliant thanks and glad your enjoying the San mai, and core steel named after you :)

Both these are now sold, Thanks KKF :)

Will

I just picked up the petty/Suji line knife from the post office. The pictures didn't do justice to the knife. I see why you wondered why no one had purchased it yet. Holding it and seeing the profile in person makes a huge difference. I am really glad I got this. Hope to use it over Memorial Day this weekend. Thanks again and keep up the incredible work.

Dinsdale

Now THAT's a cool little knife! It's a good job I can find no real use for a paring knife because if I did I would want that one. Beautiful and unique.

Selling my Nakiri hollow geometry test piece, to make room for more test pieces on the rack. Its a little cracker.
146mm length 56mm height. Around 2.6mm taping on the spine. Hollow ground faces and slightly convex stone polished wide bevels. So so thin and lovely release.

This is a test piece, not logo'd but it is rather clumsily signed. It suffered a chipped heel on its multinational pass around, heel is rounded and it is very usable. There was slight contraction on the endcaps, making a tiny step to the touch, but moved no further and wood has darkened nicely so will leave it. Just given the bevel a quick thin on the wide bevels and a fresh micro bevel.

Wood is stabilised walnut with something red and Australian on the ends.

Steel is 14c28n at full 63hrc hardness. 14c28n is an improved version of 13c/aeb-l with better corrosion resistance. Incredibly fine carbide steel.

Forge finish stainless mono also makes this piece very unusual.

Great little knife, will make someone very happy, I now reserve this grind for more elaborate pieces as its time consuming for a Utility priced knife.

Comes with Knife bag and certificate.

Asking £290 all in, pm me for payment details.

Cheers

Will

I'll take it...or at least I can try, if I'm fast enough. :fanning:

...actually, I need to withdraw from this one. Sorry!
(actually I have no idea if I was first)

Damn beautiful work there Will! Love that particular profile most especially the tip for that length of blade! GLWS (although I know you won't need any luck to sell it!) - tried (really, really hard) to talk myself into another suji but I already have one on the way (but damn that's pretty special)!

Love what you do!

Will, that suji is really beautiful. Given the size I guess it could also be called a line knife (?).

Thank you Matus, yes indeed Petty/Suji or line knife, perfect mid size, very easy maintenance and off course the 1.2442 core :)

These three knives in carbon 01 will be added to my store tomorrow :)

Discount code for the two Gyuto's will be included in my mailing list shout out when the knives go live. You can get on my mailing list if your not already on there, right at the bottom of my Shop page, or in the contact section of my website, linked in signature ;)

Thanks All :)

I'll just leave these here ...........with this discount code for 10% off the following knives kkf06022016
Never been a better time to get a Catcheside mono :)

Bottom knife , 3mm version 210 line knife.

200mm Fillet

210mm Gyuto 4 mm version

185mm Mighty Gyuto 4mm version

http://www.catchesidecutlery.com/shop.html

185mm Sold thanks KKF, two monos and the fillet are available till monday with the discount code kkf06022016 for your 10% forum discount :)

Hi Will,

Are you planning on doing any stainless knives this year?

Stainless clad yes, best of both worlds ;)

185mm Sold thanks KKF, two monos and the fillet are available till monday with the discount code kkf06022016 for your 10% forum discount :)

It says the 185mm is still in stock on your website. Error or are there more?

The 185mm says Sold, but its 200mm twin is available and today you can use the 10% off coupon. :)

They are a nice size :) Are you going to be at Maxims Gathering?

Last chance saloon for the rest of the day.... for a 10% discount on the fantastic fillet, the 3mm version line knife and the 4mm version 200mm Gyuto ...... Thanks ALL :)

They are a nice size :) Are you going to be at Maxims Gathering?

I really wanted to go the last two times, but unfortunately things got in the way. This year I won't be able to go either as I am super busy all of March. I'm kicking myself....

Back