• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Catchside, Takeda Classic, Fujin, + Shibata Deba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Latest house cleaning. Couple of these really sad to see go, but continuing to try and get collection to a reasonable point here.

Located in Portland, OR. PM or email (scott AT on3pskis DOT com) both work. Paypal preferred. Pricing includes insured shipping in lower-48 and any Paypal fees. I have access to pretty good international rates with Fedex - so international is possible with all shipping covered and buyer assuming all import costs.

Available:
1) Catchside Gyuto - 240mm - $675

SOLD:
2) Takeda Classic Gyuto - Medium (249mm) - $375 - SOLD
3) Yu Kurosaki Fujin AS Gyuto - 210mm - SOLD
4) Shibata Tinker Shark Teeth Deba - 165mm - SOLD
5) Hasagawa FSR 600 x 350 x 20 - $80 - SOLD

Details:
1) Catchside Gyuto - 240mm - $675
Weight = 314g
Dims = 240mm x 60mm
1.2242 with Catchside's older style of finish

Awesome knife - just prefer something with a bit less upturn in the tip. Considered reprofiling it, but that seemed like sacrilege. Bought on here from a member that was recently banned, but that thread is still live so more details here.
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/consolidating.63741/#post-974194
Sharpened once I received it. Left the patina on but can remove if you like. Hope I can find one of these older/heavier style Catchsides in the future.

2) Takeda Classic Gyuto - Medium (249mm) - $375 - SOLD
Weight = 166g
Dims = 249mm x 66mm

Was looking for this for a long time, finally found one with a nice flatter profile and one of the better grinds I've seen on a Takeda (IMO). Really enjoyed it, don't want to sell it, but have just found myself gravitating to heavier knives so it just hasn't been seeing much use. Sharpened one time.

3) Yu Kurosaki Fujin AS Gyuto - 210mm - $200 - SOLD
Weight - 158g
Dims - 213mm x 47mm

This is the knife that really got the snowball moving downhill for me. Also the last 210 I've held onto, but just prefer bigger/heavier knives so gotta keep moving on from knives that I am not actively using.

It has been sharped 2-3 times but never thinned. I wanted to change up the whiteish bead blasted look so I moved it over to sort of a hand rubbed look for the cladding (2000 grit sand paper to Micromesh rubbed with King 800 / Ouka 3000 / Tosho kasumi powder) for something a bit more flat and muted. Photos show it pretty well.

4) Shibata Tinker Shark Teeth Deba - 165mm - $300 - SOLD
Weight = 286g
Dims = 166mm x 50mm

Never used. Bought new on here but just never tried it. This should go to someone with the need/skill set to appreciate it. Previously listed at $350, but didn't sell so dropped down to $300.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
The Tinker Shark Teeth Deba is a great knife
IMG_5543.jpeg

Back