• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Cris Anderson 220 XH guyto - W2 Honyaki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mc2442

KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

I figured I would post this as is before I clean up the patina on it. I included a clip from Cris when he was making this form me that shows the hamon much better. Even with the patina I might take a quick vid later and post it. I will not clean it up unless this sits for a bit, and then it is up to the preference of the buyer.

So....the knife is 221x51 and 189g. It is a honyaki in W2 in his extra heavy style (although you can tell by the weight it is anything but a heavyweight). It comes with the saya he made for it. I purchased this in the middle of 2017 but it has not seen a ton of use. I have been trying to sell my less used knives and drawer queens. I have been looking thru emails to try and find the handle materials, but I think it was determined in a phone conversation with him so I have not (as of now) found them. As you can see, it is a gorgeous handle tho.

Asking $1,200 $1,050 $1,000 $950 $800 $650 $600 shipped (insured of course) CONUS.

Thanks and let me know what I forgot to include in the post,

Matt

Scroll down for pics with patina removed.

IMG_2400.JPEG
IMG_2399.JPEG
IMG_2398.JPEG
IMG_2397.JPEG
IMG_2396.JPEG
IMG_2395.JPEG
IMG_2394.JPEG
IMG_2393.JPEG
IMG_2392.JPEG

Last edited:
What's the story on Chris Anderson? I can't find any information. Is he still making? I haven't been around a lot, but I am tempted.

He is making knives again, at least he was a number of months back. I believe he is active on Instagram, but again, that was a number of months back when I looked for him.

He does seem to be. In my search on IG, I added him, and he followed back, so somebody is on that account. GLWS. Looks like a great piece with some history.

Back