• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Dalman Mass Drop 240 Masur Birch Handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bico Doce

aka Big Dice / Bocce Ballz / Big Douche
Reaction score
Hello!

Dalman Mass Drop 240 mm with a masur birch handle is a catch and release. I had a WTB thread for this because I wanted to try Dalman’s work. Needless to say it is impeccable. Prior to this knife, I have never tried a honyaki or a S grind, I believe I can understand the appeal but it’s a bit too high brow for my taste.

Prior to my purchase this knife was BNIB, I used it twice, very light meal prep and it has developed a sligh patina. Outside of that, it is in mint condition. I still have the box that it shipped with so that will be included.

Im looking for a trade but I will do a cash deal if I can’t find a suitable offer. Here are my preferences:

Length: 230 - 260

Profile: thin bte, convex, no workhorse more middleweight or workpony. I really enjoy a high performance cutter with decent food release

Finish: ku, nashiji, stone polish/kasumi - not a big fan of mirror polish, more of high end rustic feel

Balance: forward, I like some weight behind the knife when it cuts

Makers: I’m open here but a few that come to mind would be - Isasmedjan, Halcyon

Thanks in advance for looking!

Edit: changed to WTS. Asking $695 shipped in US

Photos below to show the patina that has developed.

65E330B7-3217-4A1A-9F97-7D37FF492C03.jpeg

28715F99-77A7-422D-B437-139D35440274.jpeg
3E194A16-B5D0-4C70-8A5C-D98D07465FAC.jpeg

Last edited:
Bump - change from WTT to WTS

Back