De buyer Mineral B Pro

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only part of the mineral B line you shouldn't season is the handle. The handle has some type of coating on it that prevents rust. You only need to season the outside once. As long as you don't scrub the outside then it'll continue to season every time you use it.

second that Talim. I wasn't going to chime in on this thread cause most people are going to do it THEIR way anyway. But true, these pans don't need built up seasoning inside or outside. Sure you can take the time to do it but just using the pan will build up a stronger layer of seasoning. But either way, the seasoning will eventually get to thick and flake off. The only reason you would want to heat it and put some oil on in in the beginning is because when you get the pan it will be raw. Washing with water without any seasoning will cause instant rust. I've got eight Carbon Debyuers (including a roasting pan) and all the pans have varying levels of seasoning.

The only part of the mineral B line you shouldn't season is the handle. The handle has some type of coating on it that prevents rust. You only need to season the outside once. As long as you don't scrub the outside then it'll continue to season every time you use it.

s either way, the seasoning will eventually get to thick and flake off. The only reason you would want to heat it and put some/QUOTE]

This is exactly my experience....sure was pretty though.

Nice Bill. Curious if the handle will get hot? I've never taken objection to their stick style handles but I like the looks of the stainless steel one better. Keep us updated on your finding.

Dennis, sorry for the very late response, but here are my measurements from this morning. I used an Thermo-works infrared thermometer with a laser for aiming and found that the slot that is parallel to the pan rim does an amazing job of limiting heat transfer/movement up the handle.

3 minutes on med the pan was 340, the handle "before" the slot was 280, the handle after the slot 91
6 minutes on med the pan was 360, the handle "before" the slot was 360, the handle after the slot 106
9 minutes on med the pan was 370, the handle "before" the slot was 370, the handle after the slot 112
12 minutes on med the pan was 350, the handle "before" the slot was 356, the handle after the slot 129

I did have a hard time getting a finish I liked and find that my wife and children can get things to stick to it after I just used it and had no problems. I've gotten pretty proficient at rebuilding the non stick layer:biggrin: I am very happy with the pans and while the cost differential is not cheap, prorated over the next 30 years makes it no big deal to me.

Sorry again for dropping the ball on this review,
Bill

i'm still learning on loving my new Min-B pan. there seem to be no rhyme or reasoning why some things still stick and next time it doenst.

I posted this in another forum, but hopefully this will help some people here as well.

1) wash pan with heavy duty scrubber, dish soap, and hot water

2) put on stove on low heat until all water evaporated

3) turn stove to high heat to burn off the laquer. The pan will turn black at first and then blueish/gray until all of the laquer is burned off

4) let rest, then warm up the pan on low heat until warm, put a fine coat of flaxe seed oil on (I dabbed a small drop off oil on a paper towel, wiped the pan until it was evenly coated, then wiped after with a dry paper towel)

5) turn stove to high heat and let the oil smoke a bit

6) after oil smokes, turn off heat and let pan rest until cool to touch. Then start #4-6 again until you get the number of coats you want.

I followed this video with exception of that I burned of the laquer as well.

[video=youtube;xoIO8YOpyN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoIO8YOpyN4[/video]

[video=youtube;UGXGJD2xTzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGXGJD2xTzQ[/video]

This is how to burn off the laquer

Back