Sous Vide Deconstructed Pot Roast, Sous Vide....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do the egg white raft too. Look at the results above! Fantastic.

Looks top shelf Neil. What ratio of semolina to Four do you use? WhaT brand Uncle Bobs and Caputto 00?

I typically use all eggs, so I stick with the soft flours. Where I live (Northeast) I have easy access to King Arthur's 00. If I use semolina, I'll just blend it with hard flour (all purpose) at 50/50 ish.

Namaxy...how much does the technique improve flavor?

Well, when a stock is not clarified, the impurities can emulsify into the liquid, making the stock cloudy and feel muddy and/or greasy. You also want to draw out the fat, whether by skimming, filtering or cooling. I think a good stock/consomme feels really rich in your mouth, despite not having fat. That's from the natural gelatin in the bones used.

Well, when a stock is not clarified, the impurities can emulsify into the liquid, making the stock cloudy and feel muddy and/or greasy. You also want to draw out the fat, whether by skimming, filtering or cooling. I think a good stock/consomme feels really rich in your mouth, despite not having fat. That's from the natural gelatin in the bones used.

Excellent explanation.

Back