SOLD F.Vaz custom 160mm paring knife - 52100 steel - 78 grams - kingwood handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fvaz

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just a break before i post the 2 out of 3 mizu honyaki i prepared solely for this forum, will share with you a 160mm paring knife i did out of 52100 aiming at the very best performance i could take out of it.

Read it carefully, please dont miss any detail!

For this knife, i kept simple. Nothing of over engeenering yet this was quite hard to do.

The blade has 160mm, starts at 40mm and gets around 20mm at the drop point. Its handle is out of genuine kingwood with carbon fiber pins which mixed really well with natural color of the wood.

While kingwood being one of the heaviest woods you can get, i was able to get the entire knife at 78 grams (2,75oz)

This knife is a literally a feather light, moves insanely fast and im sure to become a favorite. It has half weight of most smartphones out there.

This is a custom design ive been mastering for about 2 years and i can guarantee the pinch grip on this handle is a dream. It is really smooth and its beyond easy to control the knife with absolute precision.

All corners are rounded, except by the very last 15mm of the tip which is flat to allow the user to precisely see where the knife flat is touching the food, some very important detail i got from a customer who was a very talented and picky chef.

This knife is guaranteed to have the most fine grain possible, it is the first one out of a small run of 5 knives i did, the 5th was sacrificed in order to reveal the grain and broke into multiple pieces. Grain was perfect.

Whoever buy this knife will have access to the private imgur album with the quality control sacricifed knife

It is sharpened to a shapton glass 2000# , it enters the food really easy.

It is 2,2mm thick in its thicker section and goes through a smooth distal taper towards the tip

Handle has a 320 grit finish. Pinch grip facet 80 grit. This handle grips like a glue in the hand.

It is differentially heat treated, so while being tougher than full hard, you should be careful with not putting too much side pressure on the knife in order of not warping it (despite if it happens it can be easily fixed by hand but this will only happen if you really torture the knife which obviously i did to assure its quality).

While not being made of any too much expensive material, this knife took me some serious attention in order of getting there as much perfected i could do. Some people underestimate the challenge of making smaller, thinner knives. I can easily say that it is easier to me make a bigger and thicker mizu honyaki than was to do this one.

Hardest thing into making these is that you cannot apply much pressure on the grinding, both for not warping and for not heating the blade, so despite being small, it ironically takes more time to grind than a regular thicker 200mm blade.

I had a hard time on internet searching for a similar knife lighter than this one, surely one of the very lightest you can get in 160mm.

Shipped worldwide 350$ zipped pouch included - I got more 4 of these ready for handle so if you enjoy its shape and design feel free to comission me with a custom handle (got tons of amazing materials like fossils, stabilized woods, exotic woods, carbon fiber, composites, ebony etc etc)

Shipment via DHL express, average timing of 6-8 days to be delivered.

I DONT do paypal. I take payments via western union which takes no more than 5 minutes to setup an account. If youre a trusted member of KKF with successful trades recorded in the past, im good with shipping the knife prior payment.

Feel yourself welcome to check my website fvazknives.com and contact for comissions.

ps: dont reach me via instagram, i have abandoned that social media a very long while ago.

Thanks KKF!

Last edited:
Just realized this might be more clear

Attachments

• UPDATE 3.jpg
    UPDATE 3.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Two blades remaining to be choosen with custom handles.

These are the materials i got available (aside from the natural wood like ebony, kingwood, bloodwood, purple heart).

There is even a very beautiful stabilizd maple that kinda reminds me of starry night by van gogh.

Feel free to pick one and contact me.

Attachments

• 2C5sACN.jpg
    2C5sACN.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 9G1QQ5l.jpg
    9G1QQ5l.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 9ou4oOX.jpg
    9ou4oOX.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • xbzRrY2.jpg