• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD FINALER PRICE DROPS: £130 Manaka, £200 Wakui, £170 Y Kato

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkayMode

Incel who can’t cook (or polish)
Reaction score
This is my first post here, but I am fairly active on the /chefknifeswap sub with the same username and have completed many successful international transactions there.

I’ve gone a bit crazy with new acquisitions recently and need to clear out some volume. All knives come with the original box.

With that said, I will entertain offers for trades!

Let me know if there’s anything specific you want more details/pics of and I’ll be happy to oblige.

Pics:

Kisuke Manaka Shiro #2 165mm Bunka - £220 130:
  • 170 x 53
  • Sharpened around 5 times, never thinned (but could perhaps do with some thinning).
  • Fairly well used but well cared for, with a stable patina that interestingly has left some marks on the kasumi blade road but can be restored with a little polishing.

Wakui Shiro #2 210mm Gyuto - £320 200:
  • 210 x 49
  • Sharpened once to establish a micro bevel on the convex, never thinned.
  • Light patina on the core steel which betrays the light use this has seen.
  • A few very light scratches by where the lamination meets the core steel, which I’ve tried to show as best I can.

SOLD Mazaki Shiro #2 210mm Gyuto - £220 140:
  • 215 x 50
  • Sharpened twice, never thinned.
  • Lightly used with a stable patina established.
  • A few very light scuffs which I’ve tried to show as best I can.

Yoshimi Kato Ginsan 240mm Gyuto - £260 170:
  • 240 x 50
  • Sharpened once, never thinned.
  • Very lightly used with no noticeable scratches, scuffs etc that I can see to note.

SOLD Makoto Kurosaki AS 240mm Gyuto - £170:
  • 235 x 50
  • Sharpened less than five times, never thinned.
  • Faint mark on the handle from where I smudged a tiny bit of slurry whilst sharpening.

Funds to be sent in GBP please, with shipping available worldwide - shipping costs are more reasonable from the UK than you might think and can be agreed on a case by case basis.

Attachments

• 5E03D35B-CD93-40C4-B50B-7AD1C66DCB5E.jpeg
    5E03D35B-CD93-40C4-B50B-7AD1C66DCB5E.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Final price drops applied for now!

Just wanted to give a quick positive feedback on @Ok__mode_6953 as a reliable seller, I purchased his Mazaki advertised here, it arrived very well packed in a timely manner and the condition exceeded my expectations and his description. Transaction went smoothly in every way, both parties happy!

Back