Finally a member!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all!
After what feels like forever looking at other people’s posts on here, I finally made an account to contribute!
Been into Japanese knives for about 4 years now and have built the collection of TF, Isamitsu, Takamura, Yu Kurosaki, Yoshida, the list goes on.
Can’t wait to finally join the community, ask my questions, and hopefully continue back here!

Hey all!
After what feels like forever looking at other people’s posts on here, I finally made an account to contribute!
Been into Japanese knives for about 4 years now and have built the collection of TF, Isamitsu, Takamura, Yu Kurosaki, Yoshida, the list goes on.
Can’t wait to finally join the community, ask my questions, and hopefully continue back here!

Welcome.

Which Takamura's? And how would you compare and contrast your TF's vis-a-vis your Isamitsu's?

As far as Takamura’s, I have both a 210 SG2 gyuto with the red handle and a chromax santoku. Both fantastic knives that can take a beating in a commercial kitchen. I’d say I would compare my Isamitsu’s more to TF (probably for good reason, haha). They’re just stunning and not much else white steel comes close to theirs.

Back