First two up for 2015

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stereo.pete

Reaction score
These will be the first two knives to be finished in 2015. They are O1 at 59-60RC finished ground and hand sanded to 800 grit. One is a hunter and second is a pairing knife based on the first one that I made. These two represent what I've learned in terms of hand sanding and have a very nice satin finish, although not nearly as nice as Don's knives :big grin: .

We have some warmer weather coming next week so I'll be able to spend some time in the garage working on handles.

Cheers,

Pete

bP3AzB.jpg

Copy that Dave, lol maybe this time I'll have one of these finished by fall :tease:

Let's just say I am a bit slow paced :O

gHqGLj.jpg

I'm not sure why I have the lens flare or whatever you call it on the blade, but every photo I took had it. I clearly need to work on my photography skills.

circular polarizing filter.

hoya and b&w are the usual suspects.

He meant it may be a culprit.

The simple reason is that the blade is too bright. Extremely bright objects in frame cause glare on lens elements and filters. A polarizer won't fix the issue.

Rotate the blade or angle it to reflect something less bright than the sky...or maybe get a spellcaster to disenchant it for a bit. :p

The simple reason is that the blade is too bright. Extremely bright objects in frame cause glare on lens elements and filters. A polarizer won't fix the issue.

Rotate the blade or angle it to reflect something less bright than the sky...or maybe get a spellcaster to disenchant it for a bit. :p

Funny you should mention the spell caster, when one of my friends saw the picture he immediately thought there might be orcs near by :viking:

I think you have a misunderstanding here.

polarizers work by blocking light coming in from a specific angle, and glare occurs when you get mono-directional light reflection.

I think you have a misunderstanding here.

polarizers work by blocking light coming in from a specific angle, and glare occurs when you get mono-directional light reflection.
I do not misunderstand anything here. A circpol won't fix his problem.

Yep, black paper micarta taken to a light 2000 grit finish. That's as high as I can go right now due to my lack of buffer.

Not a camera expert like some here but all those darks around a reflective bright surface makes a hard read for the camera needs help. Nice work Pete

Back