• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD For the Ginsan Lovers (Sakai Takayuki Dama 240mm, Kikuchiyo Izo 210mm), Drop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blumbo

just a normal dude
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m listing a few knives here apprehensively but unfortunately my collection has outgrown the size of my space and I’m waiting for a few customs 😅. Both have been used lovingly, and I’ve done some work to polish them up. Honestly if there aren’t any takers I won’t be bummed but logically these need to go :(

Sakai Takayuki G3 Dama - 425$ -> 400$ -> 380$ -> 365$ -> 320$
-230x48.5mm
-3mm spine@heel
-220g

Kikuchiyo Izo G3 - 340$ -> 315$ -> 295$ -> 280$ SOLD
-205x50mn
-2.5mm spine@heel
-125g

IMG_1421.jpeg

Prices are in USD shipped CONUS. If you wanna bundle we can talk discounts.

Last edited:
Basically the only stainless Sakai knife that I know of that you can find with a workhorsey and lovely convex grind like this, and it’s very stiff and blade forward if you’re into that. I’ve rounded spine/choil, reduced the food saver gap, etched this guy minimally, and put my own kasumi on it since the factory fit, finish, and polish left a lot to be desired. The ginsan 3 stamp on the left side is slightly lopsided :/

IMG_1426.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

IMG_1431.jpeg

Last edited:
A very thin laser forged by Nakagawa and sharpened by Myojin. I put a mirror polish on this guy then my own kasumi which was bad because I was afraid of ruining the mirror polish and stopped using it as much 😅. I like the details in the stainless cladding and the smell of the cedar handle.

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1439.jpeg

IMG_1442.jpeg

Back