Fujiwara Denka Delivery Times

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anybody has experience with Fujiwara delivery times. My Denka order is running already very late (2months) and they promised a couple of times that the knifes would be shipped "soon". How should I handle the situation the best?

Did you have any special request. I had asked for loose wa handle because was going to to put my own on. Also thin grind behind the edge on 240mm Denka. It took a while. They did as I asked beyond my expectations. Never asked when it was comming figured since had request would take longer.
20231223_131843.jpg
20231223_131710.jpg

Did you have any special request. I had asked for loose wa handle because was going to to put my own on. Also thin grind behind the edge on 240mm Denka. It took a while. They did as I asked beyond my expectations. Never asked when it was comming figured since had request would take longer.
View attachment 323538View attachment 323539
Thx for the response and gorgeous WA. No special requests just some engraving.

Just curious, what's the pricing like ordering direct vs buying from a Western based retailer?

I ordered a denka 195 mm gyuto back in nov 2021 and got it in Feb 2022. It was out of stock when I ordered and I knew that it would take awhile. Once I received a shipping update it arrived quickly. I only asked for it to be engraved with the Kanji "tatakai" meaning to fight.

For my first order the theoretical waiting time was 3 weeks (ordered Feb. 27th) and I received today a notification that the knife is ready just the engraving is missing. For my second order, just two weeks after my first order(March 13th), the waiting time already increased to 3 months.

Recently placed an order for a 240 mm denka, western handle, no customization except my name inscribed and I was told 3 months from now

Back