G'day from Oz

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewart122

Reaction score
Hi I'm Stew from Sydney Australia!

I'm currently a student with a keen passion for cooking and growing obsession with knives.
Found this forum from r/Chefknives and regularly browse the forum for cooking inspiration, technique and steel/ material information and of course if there are any possible purchases from the Buying/ selling pages.

I'd like to think that I'm a decent enough sharpener (looking forward to keep learning and honing this life long skill) and am currently looking at adding in a Jnat into my collection to have a play with and see how I go with it.

Current collection consists of: 210mm Tanaka Blue 2 Dammy Gyuto (from Knives+Stones), 240 Yanagiba (from japanese yahoo.com) and a 180mm VG10 Santoku from Towerknives (this knife is where it all began). Stones are currently 220 Naniwa (japanese yahoo.com knife restorations), 1000 Naniwa Pro, 3000 Naniwa Pro and 6000 King.

So after a while of browsing the forum I look forward to being able to communicate with you guys and hopefully share some limited wisdom/ conversation when I can!

- Stew

G'day! I love syndey, can't wait to go back. Looks like you have a great setup for sharpening and a nice collection starting!

Thanks folks!

Looking forward to expanding the collection/ toolkit and the knowledge base from such a great resource!

Latest posts

Back