Good non stick fry pan

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All-Clad or Tramontina are great. I've had my All-Clad non-sticks for quite awhile now. I've taken seriously good care of all my pans, but the teflon stops being as non-stick after awhile. No scrapes or scratches on mine, even after 4 years, but I only use rubber spatulas in them and hand wash. TBH they are ready to replace, but I was impressed with the longevity.

I like this: All-clad hard anodized nonstick cookware set.
I bought one for my wife as she won't cook eggs without one and our old pan wore out. It turns out they are made in China and not as thick or nice as All Clad USA made pans. I don't use nonstick pans. I usually use carbon steel well-seasoned. I have a small carbon steel for fried eggs and a larger one for omelets and scrambles. Lately I am using a French copper steel line pan as it is my new toy, so I am cooking everything in it right now. It seems to only need a small amount of butter for me cooking eggs and a very low setting on my gas stove top. The copper transfers heat very well.

I realized the other day I only have cast iron pans left after slowly throwing out my teflon pans over the years.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a medium or high quality non stick pan, mainly for acidic stuff but also lazy eggs and that kind of thing?
As a choice for an 'everyday' skillet, I've been using a Cuisinart 12" non-stick aluminum one for years. Somehow it just retains its non-sticki-ness and keeps going, and was relatively inexpensive. I also have more expensive Zwilling pans (like the knife company) that I recommend, but I reserve them for things like omelettes, carmelizing onions—tasks that require low heat or longer cooking times/more delicate operations. Guess what I'm saying is that it's good to have a workhorse skillet that's not precious (but works dependably), to offset the mileage on your 'good' set. And...embrace those cast iron pans that you have in your collection! :)

So far the Fissler Adamant ( or something similar) are keeping up quite good, I am starting to like them...need longer preheat than most and the point for turning down the heat needs to be tuned in afresh...now 21 days in use and they appear to be long lasting (long time Tefal Titanium user)

Both Fissler Adamant pans will be replaced under warranty, one is showing wear in the non stick coating the other is going strong but in both the bottoms are rounded to the point the distance to the induction coil is impacting performance....

Could be that someone in house put them on BOOST being stone cold, or they are just not up to the task....all family members will be re-trained on heating a pan and using a frying pan and we'll try again.

They already make it appear I am using the whip, so I guess I need to take more drastic measures ;-)

Back