greetings from Seoul (and Los Angeles)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live in LA but, as I type, I am sitting in a cafe in Seoul.

I am a bit of an OG with respect to knife forums as I used to be a contributing member of the old forum site (when the kitchen forum was but a small part of the larger knife forum site) as well as Fred's (I think that is his name) knife forums. But that was so long ago, I can't even remember the years I was involved or why I stopped. Perhaps it was because I was up to my ears in knives, my wife started wondering when it would all end, and a nascent fascination with vintage audio gear started crowding out my attention to knives and depleting all disposable cash.

Recently though, my older brother (out of the blue) expressed interest in acquiring some collector level knives--and that brought me back into the fold.

My latest purchases were just to bolster my sharpening kit: a naniwa 'snow white' 8k and a kanayama suede strop to accompany my 20000 kanayama shell strop. And right before I left for Korea, I bought a Kramer/zwilling carbon chef's knife that I can't wait to use when I get back home.

At any rate, that was a short introduction...and I look forward to discussing knives and whatnot with you guys.

cheers,

minh

Last edited:
Back