• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Gyutos: Halcyon Forge, TF Denka, Isasmedjan

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, 2019 was a big year for my knife purchases. Now it’s time to let some go. All very nice knives, I’m just trying to keep my collection to a reasonable size that (mostly) fits in my block.

Prices below are for shipping to U.S. buyers. Knives will be shipped through USPS military/diplomatic mail, and will take roughly a week and a half to reach you.

Will offer international shipping to other countries for an additional $15.

The following knives are offered. All prices include U.S. shipping and PayPal fees. Actual measurements included.

225mm Halcyon Forge Gyuto,1.2519 carbon core steel, wrought iron cladding.

Nice, simple, elegant black and off-white handle, main part is ebony. This one had a little tip damage from the shipment to me, which I had professionally repaired at Morihei in Tokyo. They did a great job.

Heel to tip length: 225mm

Heel height: 54mm

Weight: 225g

Asking $595. SOLD

FYKhRNu.jpg

LRvQKcR.jpg

kdAYPna.jpg

215mm Teruyasu Fujiwara Denka Gyuto, Aogami Super core, stainless cladding

Purchased in person a few months ago after looking through their stock in this size. Used to prep a few meals, but I decided I’m too attached to my yo-handled Maboroshi in almost the same size, so I’m letting this one go. This knife is quite thin and cuts very well. Scratch near the emoto was already there.

Heel to tip length: 215mm

Heel height: 53.5mm

Weight: 170g

Asking $490, now $470. Comes in original box.

YMr27TX.jpg

Y3xt4rt.jpg

Gdqk8MB.jpg

GsEdGAE.jpg

233mm Isasmedjan Gyuto, UHB26C3 (spicy white) steel, water quenched and tempered to 63-64 HRC, wrought iron cladding, masur birch and bog oak handle (tapered). Masur birch has a very nice depth and chatoyance that I can't really capture in photos.

A beautiful knife that I’m sad to let go. Custom made to my specs, based on the U.S. passaround knife, with an improved tip shape that Jonas insisted on. Jonas was wonderful to work with throughout. During the time I was waiting for my spot on the waiting list, I picked up a couple other solid carbons (a Marko and Catcheside Forged Geometry) in similar sizes. It was a really tough choice, but I’ve decided to let this one go.

Heel to tip length: 233mm

Heel height: 53.5mm

Weight: 209g

Asking $325. SOLD

[For some reason, Isasmedjan pics are not posting properly, will try to post in a reply shortly . . .]

Last edited:
Back