• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hados, Takada Kasumi DROP, Tanaka Kyuzo Extra Height

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More_Gyutos

and petties, and sujis and…
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to thin the herd. Selling some knives that I like but just have way too many. All knives include their original boxes. Prices include PP fees, shipping insured CONUS. International I will cover first $15 of shipping. Questions please DM me. Thank you for looking.

Hado Blue #1 Damascus Gyuto and Petty bundle (I know, I know, but at least this one makes sense?!) Take both for $600 SOLD

Hado Blue #1 Damascus 240mm Gyuto
Size: 230 x 57mm
Condition: Used for about 2-3 meals, touched up on SG2000. Has some light grey/blue patina.
Blacksmith: Y Tanaka
Sharpener: Maruyama
Weight: 184g
Bought from: Chef’s Edge
Original price: $630

Hado Blue #1 Damascus 150mm Petty
Size: 145 x 29mm
Condition: Cut a few garlic cloves,unsharpened, was starting to get rust in two spots removed with baking soda. You can see these spots in the pictures and I tried to capture it in different lights and angles. Otherwise, looks very bright and good condition.
Blacksmith: Tanaka
Sharpener: Mauruyama
Weight: 84g
Bought from: ChefsEdge
Original price: $352

Tsubaya Takada White #1 Kasumi 270mm Gyuto $400 $375
Size: 250 x 52mm (a very short Sakai 270)
Condition: 1 or 2 meal preps, stropped once. Has some patina, mostly grey and blue with some brown on the cladding. The kanji on this is a bit strange, there is a partial second line under the "White". This is a white #1. There is also a scratch near the kanji that you can see in the pictures.
Handle: Ho and horn
Sharpener: Takada
Weight: 179g
Originally bought from Tsubaya for $480
Note: The grind on this is very nice. Not as delicate as a Suiboku, it's a bit more substantial. This has the Tsubaya Kanji not Takada no Hamono. I would like to keep this but I have too many. Hard to price this since I didn't see that many on BST.

Hitohira Tanaka Kyuzo Blue #1 Migaki 240mm Gyuto extra height $475 SOLD
Size: 230 x 58mm
Condition: Light use 1 prep, not sharpened. There is a scuff on one side near the tip. I tried to capture it but it's a bit hard to see. Had a splotchy patina that I mostly removed with Flitz but you can still see at some angles.
Cladding: Iron
Finish: Migaki
Handle: Tahei zircote and black horn
Sharpener: Kyuzo (Yauchi)
Weight: 180g
Originally bought from Tosho Knife Arts for $550

IMG_6118.jpeg
IMG_6174.jpeg
IMG_6193.jpeg
IMG_6190.jpeg

Last edited:
Got DMs asking for more pictures of the patina on the Takada. There is some patina on the mirror core, but much of it is still polished. There is some light gray patina on the cladding and very little brown patina. Here are two pictures and a video.
IMG_6310.jpeg
IMG_6309.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6308.mov
    41.5 MB
Back