• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Handle materials(canada)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godslayer

Reaction score
Looking to buy some wood/horn for some knife handles. I currently only have one set of scales from craig stevens and it's reserved for a Mattel. Looking for anything and everything. Nothing crazy expensive as I'm a total novice. Id really like a piece of blackwood or similar for a wa handle. Anyways thanks in advance. :knife:

What province are you in?

Alberta, I know there's a shop in Ontario but they don't have items listed,I bought some steel from knifemaker.ca just some basic 440C and asked them to make it into a few different sizes ranging from 6x1 to 12x2 I'm thinking I'll bang out some basic hunting knives or very short petties. Might order a few kit knives from the states just to bang out handles. The 300mm suji dave sent me may not be the best first project lol.

Windsor plywood sells stabilized wood scales from time to time. Another place to check is black forest wood co they have all sorts of exotics.

Back