Harner Steak knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshstar

Reaction score
Just got a new steak knife, a nice Harner from CKTG

Never really thought about it before but how many of us use great knives to prep then eat a steak with crappy steak knife, i know i did until this week.

Well using a super sharp steak knife is a joy and made eating a good steak so much more fun, you take pleasure in the way it slices the steak. Its especially important if like me you have thick steaks, my old knives would tear at the meat and it always drove me nuts.

So at $175 not cheap for a single steak knife but the results justify the cost in my opinion

Alan

I sometimes use my 120 Ginga petty. It’s quite awesome. I just have to try avoid hitting the plate.

I sometimes use my 120 Ginga petty. It’s quite awesome. I just have to try avoid hitting the plate.

But isn't that the problem/concern? If one is talking about slicing an individual portion of steak on a plate, then I really don't want a very good knife to be making edge contact with a dinner plate.

Wood plate.

This. All the steak knives in the world are a complete waste as long as you use them on ceramic plates. Best thing I ever bought was a set of wooden plates to use with proper knives for proper meat. They're not even that expensive if you look around long enough. No point wasting good knives cutting on ceramic...
Or you can just eat it straight off the board of course... ;)

APL just made 300+ steak knives by hand for his new restaurant. The cut makes the bite. For steak as for everything.

You can take a bone in pork chop use it as a handle and eat like a caveman:happymug:

Back