• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Hatco 240V induction burner IRNG-PC1-36

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone interested in one of these? Unlike the guy I bought it from online, I will very clearly state at the beginning here that this is a 208/240V 3600W unit that will not plug into a regular US outlet!! New in the box, never used. If you have or are getting a 240V circuit placed in the room where you want to use it, this thing is awesome. Boils more than a gallon of water from cold in five minutes. They sell retail for $1000, I’m selling it for the $500 I paid for it. Not sure what the electrical supply is in other countries but I’ve included a photo of the label and plug; if you’re international and this will work for you I’ll discuss shipping.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
9AF69907-7761-433B-A632-1B5FEF084A79.jpeg

looks like a nice one! getting 220 over to an outlet wouldn't be that bad in most cases.

I rent an apartment in an 1920s era building so that's likely out; it's the sort of place where you see the lights blip when the electric kettle turns on and off so I doubt the wiring to the units is adequate for carrying that much power.

That's a NEMA 6-20 plug--not super common in residential settings, though they're sometimes used for things like heat pumps and freezers.

Could the plug be switched out for the more common 220v variant?

I rent an apartment in an 1920s era building so that's likely out; it's the sort of place where you see the lights blip when the electric kettle turns on and off so I doubt the wiring to the units is adequate for carrying that much power.

Lol I hear you. I live in a somewhat decrepit 1890s building and when I tried to use a sous-vide circulator the cyclic dimming of the lights caused my wife to make me promise never to use it again.

Withdrawn; I got impatient and did this. So far it hasn't blown up the universe or my building and it's almost exactly twice as fast as my stove burner. It'll be interesting to compare a kludged 240 running at half power against a normal 1800w 110v unit.

IMG_20201105_235507218.jpg

Latest posts

Back