Hello everyone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sockpuppetdoug

Reaction score
Hi from Portland, Oregon! Started reading this forum a month ago and decided to drop in and introduce myself. I’m Doug. Home cook and J-knife consumer. I may have a question from time to time but mostly just enjoy reading through the forum.

Welcome! Have any interesting sharp and pointy things?

Thanks for the welcome. I think by the standards of this forum, no, I don't have anything interesting:

Misono Swedish Gyuto 270mm
Konosuke HD Gyuto 240mm
Munetoshi Gyuto 210mm
Misono Swedish Petty 150mm
Misono 440 Paring Knife
Mac Superior 10.5 Bread Knife

With the exception of the Munetoshi which I just recently bought, the others are the same knives I've been using for the last 7+ years. They were my first J-knives and have served me very well. But I have an itch to try some new things and there are a lot of choices out there. Too many choices. So I come seeking advice...

Nothing wrong with what you’ve got already. Nevertheless, all of us here are always seeking “better”, regardless of what we already possess.

And welcome. You will find a wealth of information here that is rivalled only by an eagerness to spend your money.

Back